These Chocolate Covered Banana Walnut Bites are a SUPER easy sweet snack or dessert to serve at your next party or gathering! Kids AND adults will love them! Check out my other no-bake desserts.
How to make chocolate banana bites
I love the combination of chocolate and bananas. I mean, who wouldn't? Bananas are healthy and chocolate CAN be super healthy as long as you stick to dark. I like a semi-sweet or dark chocolate for this recipe since bananas are already pretty sweet. If you love sugar and kids are eating these, milk chocolate would be perfect for them! But you can choose whichever chocolate you like best.
These are one of my favorite chocolate party desserts.
These bites are a kid-friendly dessert and ideal for serving at kids birthday parties or even slumber parties. You can even have the melted chocolate ready-to-go and the banana slices on the side. Then the kids can make their own chocolate banana bites with a few different toppings to choose from!
If you love chocolate covered fruit, make Pink Chocolate Covered Strawberries.
So to make these banana bites, all you need to do is cut a ripe banana (not TOO ripe) into small 1-2" rounds. Melt some chocolate in the microwave using a small bowl and then dip your banana slices into the chocolate. You could also pour the chocolate over top of your banana bites to make it even easier. Finally, top your wet chocolate with some crushed walnuts and skewer them with a Popsicle stick if you have them.
Have you ever tried chocolate covered potato chips before?
If you are allergic to nuts, you can swap out the walnuts with these other yummy toppings:
- shredded coconut
- rainbow sprinkles (for kids)
- mini chocolate chips
- mini marshmallows
- mini M&M's
How to store your bananas
You can make these banana bites ahead of time and either keep them in the fridge or store them in the freezer for frozen banana bites! They thaw pretty quickly and transport very well! They should last for about 3-5 days in the fridge or 4-6 weeks in the freezer.
Other easy bite sized desserts:
Grilled Pineapple Skewers
Chocolate Covered Banana Walnut Bites
- 2 Ripe bananas
- 6-8 oz. Dark chocolate chips ((about 1 cup))
- ¼ cup Chopped walnuts, or other nut
- 10-12 Popsicle sticks
- Chop your bananas into 1-1¼" slices and place them on a nonstick liner or parchment paper.
- Add your chocolate to a small bowl or mug and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds. Take out and stir. Pop back in the microwave for 20 seconds. Take out again and stir well.Repeat in 10 second intervals until chocolate is fully melted. (it should not take more than another 20-30 seconds.)
- Using a small spoon, drizzle, or spoon, the melted chocolate over each banana slice so it cascades gently down the sides. Top with your chopped nuts while the chocolate is still wet.
- Skewer with Popsicle sticks and set aside for 20 minutes or so for the chocolate to harden. The fridge will help cool them quicker!