This deliciously chocolatey edible brownie batter tastes just like the gooey center of an oven baked brownie! With some heat-treated flour and zero eggs, this no bake dip is the perfect sweet treat to enjoy with graham crackers, cookies, strawberries or pretzels! Best of all, this brownie batter dip can be made days in advance!
What could be better than a bowl full of chocolately goodness?!!
This sweet chocolately dessert is one of the easiest and moved raved over no bake treats you will serve your guests!
I suggest making a dessert dip board and serve my raw cookie dough bites along with my cookies and cream dip. OR top it over ice cream for a sweet surprise no one will complain about.
🍫What Is Brownie Batter?
Brownie batter is typically made using eggs, sugar, flour, cocoa powder (or chocolate), vanilla extract and a leavening agent like baking powder or baking soda.
🍴Can I Eat Brownie Batter?
Because of the eggs and flour, it is typically not 100% safe to consume raw brownie batter so to make edible brownie batter, we need to omit the eggs entirely and bake the flour so it kills off any potential bacteria!
🔥Heat Treating Flour
Heat-treating flour is VERY simple and is a necessary step to making brownie batter edible without baking. You have TWO options for heat treating your flour.
- Add it to a bowl and microwave it for 90 seconds or until it reaches 160 F.
- Add your flour to a baking pan and bake at 350 F for 5 minutes.
🛒Brownie Batter Ingredients
- Flour: Regular white all purpose flour.
- Cocoa powder: Use unsweetened. You can choose regular or dark cocoa batter.
- Granulated sugar: Nothing special here. Just regular ole' sugar is perferct. If you'd like to add a deeper flavor, dark sugar works too!
- Vanilla extract- Vanilla adds a delicious flavor that brownies need!
- Milk: This thins out the batter enough to make it "dippable".
- Chocolate chips: I recommend semi-sweet but you can use milk chocolate or dark chocolate.
- Salted butter: I do not add salt to my brownie batter because I used butter that's already salted. A must in brownies!
1. Heat treat the all-purpose flour in a 350 F oven for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure even heating. Let cool before using.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda and salt. Whisk until combined.
3. Add the vegetable oil, vanilla extract and water. Whisk until combined and no lumps remain.
4. Add the heat treated flour and whisk until a thick batter forms, about 1 minute.
5. Serve the brownie batter dip with graham crackers, cookies, strawberries or pretzels! Enjoy!
☑️Brownie Batter Variations
✔️Make a peanut butter brownie batter dip, add ½ cup of creamy peanut butter to the wet ingredients.
✔️For a fun twist on this recipe, try adding ½ teaspoon of cinnamon or coffee powder to the wet ingredients. Both pair so well with chocolate!
✔️You can also switch up the type of sugar used - brown sugar or coconut sugar works great too!
✔️If you'd like your dip to be sweeter or less sweet, add more or less sugar to your liking.
🥣Brownie Batter Mix-Ins
- Chopped nuts- pecans, walnuts and almonds would be delicious.
- Roughly chopped dried cranberries or cherries.
- Ground espresso powder for a mocha flavored dip.
- White, peanut butter, or caramel chips
How To Store Brownie Batter
You can refrigerate this or freeze it in an airtight container. In the fridge, it will last for 3-5 days. In the freezer, up to 6 weeks covered.
Thaw in the fridge overnight.
Edible Brownie Batter
With the right ingredients and a few simple steps, you can make a delicious brownie batter dip in no time! Whether you're hosting a party or just looking for a delicious snack, this brownie batter dip is sure to please just about everyone!
Other sweet snacks to serve:
How To Make Chocolate Bark
Edible Brownie Batter
- 1 Cup All purpose flour (white or whole wheat)
- 4 Tablespoons Softened salted butter (regular or vegan)
- 1 Cup Granulated sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla extract
- ½ Cup Unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅓-1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Mini chocolate chips
- Graham crackers, pretzels, or strawberries (For dipping)
- Heat the flour to kill any bacteria by microwaving it in a microwave safe bowl for 60-90 seconds. Alternatively, you can spread it on a baking sheet and bake at 350F for 5 minutes
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to cream softened butter and sugar together until light and fluffy
- Add the vanilla extract and ⅓ cup of milk to the butter mixture and mix well
- Next, add cooled flour and cocoa powder to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. If too thick, add remaining milk as needed to achieve the correct consistency
- Fold in mini chocolate chips, then serve and enjoy!