These Stuffed Greek Cucumber Cups Appetizer are a fun twist on the classic Greek salad all in one neat bite! They take under 15 minutes and are an easy low carb, keto appetizer to serve at any party!
This recipe is nostalgic for me. Growing up, we had this salad on our table at every dinner. It is the epitome of a Greek meal.
So naturally, I wanted to create a bite-sized version of it!
Mini cucumber cups stuffed with feta cheese, red pepper, onions and tossed in a light red wine vinegar dressing.
It's a fun and HEALTHY appetizer that will satisfy vegetarians AND your serious meat-loving Greek friends! Plus it's keto and low carb so they are super healthy no matter your diet!
Choosing Your Cucumbers
There are a few different varieties of cucumbers so make sure you purchase the right kind! It makes a difference!
English, European or Hothouse cucumbers (shown below) are the best options.
You can find them at any food store.
They are never as bitter as the others, have fewer seeds, and the skin is much more palatable so peeling is purely optional!
Other varieties have thicker skin which we DON'T want! And some have more seeds than others which isn't as important because we will be scooping out the seeds anyway.
Here is a list of cucumbers that may help.
How To Make Cucumber Cups
- Slice your cucumber into 1.5-2" thick pieces. (Peeling them is optional.)
- Use a mini teaspoon and scoop out the middle/seeds making sure not to scoop all the way through to the bottom.
- Then stuff your filling inside your cup. I like it OVERFLOWING so the ratio of stuffing to cucumber is more like 1:1.
- Serve cold with a bit more olive oil and oregano over top.
Here are some other Greek appetizers you may like!
📽 If you love entertaining at home, sbscribe to my YouTube channel!!
👋 Let's be friends! Join my mailing list to receive entertaining tips and NEW recipes!
Stuffed Greek Cucumber Cups Appetizer
- 2 Japanese Cucumber
- ½ Cup Good Sweet Tomatoes ((small dice))
- ½ Cup Good Feta Cheese ((crumbled))
- ¼ Cup Red Onion ((minced))
- 2 tablespoon Kalamata Olives ((small dice))
- ⅓ Cup Green Pepper (optional) ((small dice))
- ¼ Cup Good Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 2 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- ¾ teaspoon Garlic ((minced))
- Salt & Pepper ((to taste))
- Whisk all dressing ingredients together in a bowl and let sit.
- Wash and cut cucumber into 2" pieces. Use a small teaspoon to scoop out a hole in the center nice and deep. Make sure to not go through the other side! Reserve the inside for the filling. (You can peel the outside if you prefer. I did a slight peel because I like the way it looks!)
- Chop up your reserved cucumber filling and add it to your olives, tomatoes, onion, peppers and feta in a medium bowl. Add your dressing to the veggies and toss.
- Add about a tablespoon of Greek salad filling to each cup. You want to fill them up!
- Sprinkle with more oregano and drizzle with olive oil before serving!