If you are looking for some creative, easy and savory puff pastry appetizer ideas, you've come to the right place! Here I have gathered some of the best puff pastry cup and puff pastry sheet recipes that would be perfectly suited for any party!
If you love brie cheese, check out this list of 16 brie appetizers that would go great with puff pastry!
I am a sucker for puff pastry appetizers. Cold, hot, sweet or savory, I am all in. When it comes to appetizers, puff pastry is such a versatile ingredient. Something as simple as a dollop of brie, or a shmear of cream cheese, topped with mushrooms or veggies is all you need.
I love how easy and quick an appetizer can be created using puff pastry. All you need is a package of store-bought puff pastry and just 2 other ingredients. If you want to make your own puff pastry, you can but it takes time and when your planning a party, time is not always our best friend.
My favorite brand of puff pastry is Pepperidge Farm. They offer puff pastry in two different packages such as:
- sheets- these are the most common
- shells- these are mini cups that you can fill
Don't forget to check out this list of 59 Finger Food Ideas For Your Next Party.
What Is Puff Pastry?
Puff pastry is like the magical chameleon of the baking world. It's made through an intricate layering process of butter and folding and is pretty difficult to make homemade.
It's the secret weapon behind those irresistibly crisp croissants, whimsical Danish pastries, and savory sensations that make your taste buds do a happy dance.
💡Puff Pastry Tips
When preparing puff pastry, there are a few things you should keep in mind to make sure your pastry dough comes out super flaky every time.
- Puff pastry comes frozen. Make sure to defrost your pastry dough in the fridge for a few hours or overnight before you're planning on using it. If you try to rush the thawing process, your dough will turn gummy.
- It helps to place your dough on top of a lightly floured surface to prevent sticking.
- To make sure your puff pastry puffs up and doesn't fall flat, set your oven to at least 400 degrees F.
- Don't try to unfold your dough before it is fully thawed! It will only break.
- Try to handle the dough as little as possible.
- Chilling your puff pastry appetizers before you bake them will ensure your dough puffs up as much as possible.
Puff Pastry Appetizers
These savory palmiers are made with savory salty bacon, cheese and maple syrup so it's a delicious puff pastry appetizer to make in advance that will be sure to satisfy.
These puff pastry pigs in a blanket are an appetizer I've been making for years. They are delicious at room temperature or cold and served with a dijon sauce, they will be a hit at your gathering!
These are the best pigs in a blanket ever. The pastry dough is moist and buttery and full of flaky goodness. Serve with a creamy Dijon sauce for dipping!
This appetizer is light and fluffy puff pastry dough rolled up with a salty filling of prosciutto, parmesan and parsley inside. The perfect pinwheel appetizer.
An appetizer that is beautiful enough for an elegant event, but no one will ever guess how easy it is to prepare.
A crispy and golden puff pastry appetizer filled with a savory ground chicken and potato mixture. Serve them as is or with a yummy dipping sauce.
A tart is ideal to cut into bite-size pieces for an appetizer. This pear and goat cheese tart is sweet and tangy and your guests will love it!
Everyone loves pigs in the blanket. This puff pastry appetizer takes them up another notch. Adults and kids alike will gobble them up.
Cover a puff pastry with garlicky, buttery mushrooms and cheese. The result is a mouthwateringly delicious appetizer. Your guests won't be able to eat just one bite!
Do you have guests with allergy concerns? This vegan tart has no eggs and no dairy, but it so beautiful and delicious that all your guests will enjoy it.
These veggie puffs are a vegetarian Indian snack with tender curried vegetables wrapped in puff pastry and baked. They will add a spicy kick to any appetizer spread.
When you bite into these cute little appetizers, you get the flavors of sweet apples, creamy brie and crunchy walnuts baked into a buttery puff pastry tartlet. These are a wonderful addition to your meal anytime of day.
A delicious appetizer for all the curry lovers. Enjoy them for a breakfast buffet or for a before dinner appetizer. I’m sure your beverage has never had a better homemade accompaniment!
These puff pastry appetizers bring together the beloved flavors of spinach and artichoke dip in an exquisite, delicate bite. Your guests will love the ease of eating this treat with no utensils.
This appetizer of mini puff pastry tarts with goat’s cheese, radishes, and micro greens are a unique, peppery, and delectable bite. They are a superb appetizer to pass around at any gathering.
Puff Pastry topped with juicy pear, caramelized onions, crumbled blue cheese, and walnuts makes a memorable appetizer for any party. Guests will love the flavor profile of pear and caramelized onion, combined with the crunch of the walnuts and earthy blue cheese drizzled with sweet honey.
Crisp and airy puff pastry squares, topped with a layer of garlic flavored, whipped cream cheese and a piece of smoked salmon. An appetizer that is so simple, but makes a big statement at any party.
These meat and cheese crisps have the unique flavor of fried sage to make them an especially interesting appetizer. They are so simple to whip up and your guests are sure to ask for the secret ingredient.
This Spring Vegetable Tart is a cinch to make with fresh or frozen veggies and store-bought puff pastry crust. The vegetables are colorful and will make your guests think of Spring anytime they see this beauty on your appetizer spread.
Switch up your usual sausage roll with chorizo for an appetizer with an extra flavor kick.
You will be amazed at the depth of flavor in these simple, bite-sized appetizers. They will be delightful as an appetizer for any occasion.
These appetizers will look extraordinary at your next event. So beautiful and full of flavor and a fancy presentation!
This is such an eye catching appetizer and with the flavors of mild blue cheese, sweet red apples, earthy green asparagus and crumbled up kale chips, the taste will live up to the promise of its appearance.
Everyone loves the flavor of buffalo sauce and this pizza is a vegetarian option that looks so delicious that everyone will want to try it. Perfect for a game day gathering.
Other appetizers you will like
50+ Puff Pastry Appetizers - Chili Bites
- 1 Package Frozen Puff Pastry Dough ((2 Sheets))
- 1 Can Hormel Chili ((with or without beans))
- 2 Tsp. Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 Scallions
- ½ Cup Shredded Cheese ((Jack, Mozzarella & Cheddar bag mix))
To Top It Off
- ½ Cup Sour Cream ((Optional))
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F and take out your puff pastry dough.
- Mix chili, vinegar, and scallions together in bowl and set aside. (Reserve 1-2 tablespoon of scallions to garnish.)
- Prepare your puff pastry dough by opening puff pastry sheets and cutting each sheet into 12 equal squares. (Tip* Working with cold dough is easier than room temperature!)
- Place a tablespoon of chili mixture onto the center of each square. Refreeze any extra dough for another time. You should get at least 18 bites (1 ½ sheets.)
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until pastry dough is golden brown.
- You can choose to add the cheese and stick it back in the oven to melt the cheese OR you can just add the cheese and serve right away!
- Then add a dollop of sour cream to each followed by chopped scallions for a better presentation!