These homemade Healthy Chocolate Strawberry Yogurt Truffles are a healthier version of your classic chocolate truffle recipe. Made with only TWO ingredients, you can't go wrong!
If you love strawberries, check out my BAKED strawberry donut recipe!
This post has been sponsored by Dannon® Oikos® yogurt. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Don't you love a good chocolate truffle?! They are so decadent and way too easy to eat! I think it's the consistency that I love so much. Creamy and rich!
So to kick off the new year, I partnered with Dannon® Oikos® to make a healthy AND easier version of your classic chocolate truffle recipe. These truffles are made with just TWO ingredients and are practically impossible to mess up!
Another chocolate dessert I love to serve guests is this Salted Dark Chocolate Snack Bark!
I love to place these yogurt truffles on a small tiered serving platter to make them look even more irresistible for guests. If you're hosting a cocktail party with lighter fare, these would be a delicious way to satisfy that inevitable sweets craving without the guilt.
Just Two Ingredients!
These chocolate strawberry yogurt truffles have exactly that in them! Chocolate and strawberry yogurt!
They are an easy two ingredient dessert or snack, three if your including the coating.
Looking for another easy truffle recipe?? Try my 10 Minute Lemon Coconut Cheesecake Truffles
How To Make Yogurt Truffles
These truffles are made with dark chocolate and strawberry yogurt but feel free to switch out ANY flavored yogurt!!
Be careful though! The toughest part is getting the right consistency. You want them soft but not TOO soft.
What I did was melted the chocolate in the microwave in increments so the chocolate does not burn. Then I added the chocolate TO the yogurt instead of the yogurt TO the chocolate. (It matters.) After, I stirred until nice and creamy.
In order to roll these into balls, you have to refrigerate the mixture so the chocolate sets. Then you can roll them out and coat your balls in whatever you have on hand if you desire!
Chocolate Truffle Coating Options:
- Cocoa powder (the most common)
- Chopped nuts (walnuts, peanuts, pecans, almonds)
- Shredded Coconut (sweetened or unsweetened)
- Sprinkles (chocolate, rainbow or holiday colored)
- Mini chocolate chips
- Chopped M&M's
- Peanut Butter Powder
Common Truffle Questions:
Yes but keep in mind the sweetness factor. Milk chocolate is sweeter than dark so your truffles will be extra sweet. You can also use semi-sweet chocolate which would be a great compromise!
Yes! I would love to try banana, coconut, raspberry or even blueberry!!
Yes I recommend keeping them out for about 5-7 days. As for refrigeration, toss them in a tupperware container so you can extend their shelf-life by at least 2 weeks.
Yes! To get the creamiest consistency, you want them to be ROOM TEMP!!
Here are some other no bake desserts!
Healthy Chocolate Chia Energy Bites
How To Make Pink Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Healthy Peanut Butter Oat Balls
Healthy Grab n' Go Banana Walnut Muffins
Healthy Chocolate Strawberry Yogurt Truffles
- 12 oz. Dark or Semi-Sweet Chocolate ((about 2 cups if using chips))
- 3 oz. (⅓ cup) Dannon® Oikos® Strawbery Yogurt ((any flavor would work))
Garnishes (to roll balls in)
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Crushed Nuts of Choice
- Cocoa Powder
- Place yogurt into a large bowl and set aside.
- Add chocolate to another microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds. Stir as much you can. (chocolate will not be melted yet) Microwave in 15 second intervals (stirring well in between) until chocolate is fully melted.
- Add melted chocolate to the yogurt. NOT the yogurt to the chocolate. (It makes a difference!) Mix well until fully combined and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Take out and, using a mini ice cream scoop, scoop out balls one by one and place on parchment paper or a non-stick surface. Then take each ball in the palm of your hands and roll until they are nicely rounded.
- Finally, roll in coating of choice! Enjoy!
OMG!! it looks delicious.. i'm gonna try it soon and i'm sure it will be amazing! Thanks for sharing this amazing recipe
Sure thing! Let me know how they turn out! Thanks for the comment! 🙂