If you love pumpkin pie, then this Pumpkin Gingersnap Dip is for you! I used 3 simple ingredients: canned pumpkin puree, vanilla pudding mix and pumpkin pie spice. No cream cheese or cool whip here so it's much healthier than those cream cheese based pumpkin dips.
I love serving it with gingersnaps, apples and graham crackers but see other options below!
It's also vegan friendly and gluten free requiring only THREE ingredients!
If you love pumpkin pie but want a bit of a change, make sure to check out these Mini Pumpkin Pie Tartlets! The crust is unique and they are mini!
- Canned Pumpkin Puree- Make sure you do NOT grab the pumpkin pie filling. That is to use for pies and has added sugars and spices.
- Vanilla Pudding Mix- You will just be using the powder! It will add flavor and sweetness.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice- This is a pantry staple this time of year. You can make your own spice using cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, all spice, and clove!
That's it!! No 'folding in' of whipped toppings! I mean, my 2 year old son could mix this up!
You're friends and family will be digging in before you even clean your hands!
🎃How This Pumpkin Dip Is Different
There are many homemade pumpkin dips out there however most have ingredients are not healthy or fattening.
The other dips also taste watered down and are not as "pumpkin-y" as it should be. I mean, if I am serving a pumpkin dip, I want to taste the PUMPKIN!!
This pumpkin dip...
- Is not made with cool-whip
- Is not made with cream cheese
- Is not made with cream
- Is not made with marshmallow fluff
- Is VEGAN
- Is GLUTEN FREE
- Is DAIRY FREE
- Has just 3 ingredients
- Will not separate as it sits
- Has strong a strong pumpkin flavor!
- Tastes like actual pumpkin pie
Festive Serving Tips
🎃Option #1: Make A Pumpkin Bowl Using A Real Pumpkin!
Try serving your pumpkin dip in an actual PUMPKIN for an added 'WOW' factor! Here is a video that shows you how to clean out a pumpkin if you want to serve the dip inside one. Just make sure to get yourself a SMALL pumpkin if you want to use it to hold this dip.
🎃Option #2: Use a ceramic pumpkin with a lid!
I have a FEW of this around the house that I use for many things this time of year. (I always find them at Target for less than $5.00 around fall.) I will put candy in them, cookies, or DIPS! It is beautiful and a lot quicker than cleaning a real pumpkin out.
These babies are also the perfect vessel for taking dips to parties! Just scoop the dip inside, cover with the lid and use a large rubber band to keep the lid closed! Then tell the host or hostess they can keep the pumpkin at a thank you gift!
If you want to add a creamy element, serve a bowl of my boozy bourbon whipped cream for those who don't mind dairy!
This dip is tastiest served with gingersnap cookies. But if you want other ideas, here are other dippers you can have fun with!
- Vanilla Wafers
- Graham Crackers (honey or cinnamon)
- Apple Slices (Red or Green)
- Pear Slices
- Banana Slices
- Sugar Cookies
- Pie Chips
- Lorna Doone cookies
- Biscoff Cookies
Vegan, dairy free and gluten free
I am NOT vegan, dairy free OR gluten free but I do love when I can enjoy something that IS. Why? Well because it's healthier! This dip has less fat than most of the other fluff dips because there is no whipped cream or cool whip or cream cheese plus it has less sugar.
Here are some awesome benefits of eating pumpkin if you need another reason to make this dip! 🙂
Frequently Asked Questions
Your pumpkin dip will last up to 3 days in a sealed Tupperware container! I do not suggest freezing it.
Nope! It is much sweeter so make sure to only get the canned puree.
Pumpkin Gingersnap Dip
- 1 15 oz. Can Pumpkin Puree ((not filling or mix))
- 1 3.4 oz. Vanilla JELLO Pudding Mix
- 1 Tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Add puree, pudding mix (no milk) and pumpkin pie spice to a bowl and mix until combined. Serve cold with ginger snap cookies, graham crackers and apple slices.