Pinwheel sandwiches are a fun, easy and versatile way to feed a crowd. They can be made ahead and served cold if need be! Here are some fun and delicious sandwich roll-ups you can make and serve as an appetizer, lunch or even a light dinner to your guests at your next party.
- Pinwheel Sandwich Recipes
- Turkey & Cheese Roll Ups with Creamy Thyme Dressing
- Puff Pastry Garlic n' Herb Pinwheels
- Veggie Pinwheels
- ROAST BEEF TORTILLA ROLL UPS
- RAINBOW VEGETABLE PINWHEELS
- CAESAR BLT ROLL-UPS
- HATCH GREEN CHILE CHORIZO PINWHEELS
- BAKED SPIRAL "HAWAIIAN ROLL" SLIDERS
- PICKLE DIP PINWHEELS
- Ham n' Cheese Pinwheels
- 🥪How To Make Pinwheel Sandwiches
- Final Tips For Making Your Pinwheels
- 📖 Recipe
- 10 Delicious Pinwheel Sandwiches To Make
- 💬 Comments
Pinwheel Sandwich Recipes
Turkey & Cheese Roll Ups with Creamy Thyme Dressing
These Turkey Avocado Roll Ups With Thyme Dressing are the perfect lunch or brunch treat! Creamy thyme dressing brings these roll ups to the next level.
Creamy, crunchy, colorful veggie pinwheels are the perfect appetizer to serve at your next get-together! They're made with cream cheese, veggies, cheese and pickles so you know they won't be short of flavor.
Everyone needs a delicious protein-packed tortilla roll-ups recipe! Why? They are ridiculously delicious and my easy recipe is one step better because it's loaded with fresh mouthwatering roast beef. Ready in minutes, these tasty treats are perfect for so many occasions, from an after school snack to feed a hungry crowd at a family party.
This pinwheels recipe is the perfect finger food for your next gathering. Packed with rainbow colored veggies and chickpeas, not only are they nutritious but also super easy to make. Serve them up for the holidays, BBQ parties, game night, grilling party, birthday party or simply just pack them for lunch, they are always a hit.
A fun riff on the always-popular baked party sandwiches, these cute Spiral Hawaiian Roll Sliders are easy to make, super adaptable, and so much healthier, too! We’ve got three different variations for you to try, so you can mix and match your favorites for party appetizers, tailgates, make-ahead dinners, or even grab-and-go snacks and lunches.
This pinwheel recipe is for all you pickle lovers. It's tangy, creamy and SO easy being that they're made with just 4 simple ingredients! Creamy, crunchy and full of flavor these Pickle Dip Pinwheels are full of cream cheese, sliced ham and diced pickles
🥪How To Make Pinwheel Sandwiches
Choose your tortilla
You can choose between flour or corn tortilla, spinach, white or sun dried tomato! Grab the largest burrito sized tortillas you can find!
Soft Tortillas vs. Corn Tortillas
Flour tortillas are usually used as opposed to corn since they are a bit softer and easier to work with however both would be delicious! Many stores sell tortillas in many different varieties from white, wheat, spinach, tomato, low carb or even gluten free!
✔️A helpful tip when making your pinwheels is to spread a creamy base or dressing onto your tortilla to act a the 'glue' helping to hold it all together. Your filling can get as creative as you like.
Choose Your Main Ingredient
Lunch meats are always a great option as they are easy to find and already pre-sliced. You can add any kind of cheese and also throw in some fresh veggies for some crunch and freshness.
I also love adding bacon bits for added flavor to any pinwheels.
Choose Your Spread
To ensure your wrap will hold together and not taste dry, you need something wet and creamy to spread onto your tortilla.
Most pinwheels are spread with a cream cheese or sour cream based dressing. You can use refried beans or hummus as a dairy free pinwheel option!
Final Tips For Making Your Pinwheels
Pinwheels are such a great appetizer or finger food to serve at any party! Once you decide what roll-ups to prepare, make sure you follow these tips to make sure they come out perfect every time!
- Use a sharp knife to slice your pinwheels!
- The inside of each pinwheel is what people look at first so make sure you add in bright ingredients like fresh herbs, red peppers, spinach, etc.
- Even if you are using one recipe, think about using multiple types of tortilla or bread to add more color and variety.
- Allowing your pinwheels to set in the fridge for a few hours or make them night before. This will make slicing them easier and neater!
- Wrapping your pinwheels in plastic wrap helps them set up overnight!
- Serve your pinwheels with different sauces on the side for guests to spread onto their pinwheels! (Or include a different spread, or dressing, inside a few of your pinwheels!)
- Prepare more than one option. Make some gluten free, some with meat, some vegetarian, and then assemble a large party "sandwich" tray for your guests to choose from.
Check out these other sandwiches:
10 Delicious Pinwheel Sandwiches To Make
Creamy Thyme Dressing
- 2 Tbsp. Mayonaisse
- 1 ½ Tsp. Honey
- 1 Tsp. Dijon
- ½ Tsp. Minced fresh thyme ((2-3 sprigs))
- ⅛ Tsp. Garlic Powder
- ⅛ Tsp. Onion Powder
- Good Pinch Salt & Pepper
- 2 Large Flour Tortillas ((I used 9" tortillas))
- 8 Slices Turkey Breast (sliced thin)
- 8 Slices American or Cheddar Cheese (sliced thin)
- 1 Cup Mixed Greens, Romaine or Spinach Mix
- ½ Large Avocado, Thinly Sliced
- ¼ Large Thinly Sliced Red Onion (*Optional)
- Mix up your dressing in a small bowl.
- Lay out your tortillas and spread a generous amount of dressing onto one side.
- Add a layer of mixed greens, followed by a few slices of red onion (if using), followed by 4 slices of cheese, followed by 4 slices of turkey, and finally 3 or 4 slices of avocado layered down the middle.
- Start at one end and roll your wrap tightly while keeping everything in tact. When you get to the end, add a bit more dressing on the edge of the tortilla which will act as the 'glue' to hold everything together.
- Place seam-side down and trim off ends. Then cut your wrap into 5-6 roll ups using a large, sharp knife!
- Serve with more dressing on the side if you prefer!