This creepy brain dip is a fun and delicious savory Halloween appetizer to serve at your next Halloween party that is both spooky and easy! It is made using a brain mold and a few simple ingredients! Adults will love it!
Serve with these Halloween Cocktails, Mocktails or Shooters!
This post contains affiliate links. Click on my disclosure to find out more!
This brain dip is something you can make days in advance! It should be served cold so I love that you can take it directly out of the fridge and pour over the jelly as guests arrive!
Serve with my Halloween Punch and Halloween snack board and your guests will be in spooky heaven!
The Brain Mold
The brain mold is a MUST for making this creepy brain dip. I am sure you can find something in your local craft store if you look hard enough.
I got mine off of Amazon for about $13.00. Here is the mold I used. It is meant for gelatin but can be used to mold anything that is cold.
The Cream Cheese Filling
To make this dip, I used cream cheese and sour cream as the base. I also whipped some heavy cream to help make the dip airy and less dense.
To add flavor, I added horseradish to the dip which adds a nice kick that people don't expect. It pairs so well with the red pepper jelly!
If you like this, you will love my Pumpkin Cheese Ball!
Red Pepper Jelly
The red pepper jelly is sweet with a little kick from the red peppers. I think it goes perfectly with the Halloween theme since it adds another layer of spicy flavor.
You should be able to find red pepper jelly near the jams and marmalades in your local food store.
The jelly itself is pretty thick so to allow it to cascade over the brain, I suggest thinning it out a bit with some water or even juice. You don't want the consistency too thick or too watery either.
Adding your jelly last no more than an hour before guests arrive is recommended.
Halloween Brain Dip Appetizer (Using Brain Mold)
- Brain Mold
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 6 oz. red pepper jelly
- In a mixer, whip heavy cream on high for about 1 minutes or until it thickens up. Remove from mixing bowl.
- Add in your cream cheese, sour cream and horseradish to your mixer and blend well.
- Add your whipped cream back into the bowl and mix it together gently. You want the whipped cream to remain fluffy.
- Pour into your brain mold and place a piece of plastic wrap directly over the cheese dip. It's okay if the brain mold is not full. It will still turn out nice.
- Place mold in the fridge overnight to allow it to firm up.
- Remove plastic wrap and place upside down onto serving platter.
- Add your red pepper jelly to a small bowl along with a 2-3 tablespoons of water. This will thin it out a bit so you can pour it over your brain. Do not add too much water. You want it JUST thin enough to drip over the cheese.
- Serve with crackers.
oh it looks great, but to me it's a bit hard because i'm not really dexterous, but i will try with this amazing recipe