A deliciously spooky, dark Halloween Party Punch for this year's bash! It's not overly sweet, a bit bubbly and can be spiked or made without alcohol! This drink is a new October favorite that both adults and kids will love sipping!
👻Check out my decorations, drink and food ideas from our Halloween party last year!
I like to call this punch recipe: Blackberry Magic🪄
It's made with fresh blackberries, soda water and sparkly glitter (if you want!)
I highly dislike gingerale or sherbet based punches so I mixed up a more sophisticated punch that isn't overly sweet but still delicious with a spooky punch. (Pun intended!👻)
- vodka: Any vodka is great but I recommend Titos for your GF guests! Omit if you wish or serve on the side!
- blackberry syrup: this is what makes this punch so delicious. See recipe below!
- club soda: every punch needs some bubbles. You can substitute ginger ale, sprite or any other bubbly drink for this. I like to keep the sweetness down a bit.
- Knudsen black cherry juice: I love this brand because you aren't getting all sugar. Plus, it's dark and spooky the way I like it! 🙂
- Ocean Spray cranberry/pomegranate juice: I love the flavor combination as I try to keep it berry BERRY tasty. (See what I did there?)
- Edible Glitter: Optional! (See notes below!)
🫐The Blackberry Syrup
The blackberry simple syrup is what makes this punch so elegant and delicious!
It couldn't be easier to make too! Just simmer blackberries, sugar, water, and lemon for 15 minutes and it's ready. I recommend doing this the night before so it's perfectly chilled.
I do not recommend substituting anything for it because it's what really contributes to the flavor of the punch.
- Wait until last minute to add your ice and club soda! You don't want the punch watery or flat when your guests arrive!
- Taste test to your liking. If you prefer a sweeter punch, add more syrup. If you prefer it stronger/weaker, add half the alcohol.
- Chill ALL ingredients ahead of time. Don't mix it up while at room temperature. Chill your vodka in the freezer for an extra cold punch!
- Use fun ice cubes like frozen spiders or skulls like I did. The LARGER the cubes, the better.
🥤How to serve your punch
I recommend serving your punch in a LARGE punch bowl with a ladel. If you don't want to purchase one, use a larg clear mixing bowl.
A drink dispenser is another great alternatives for parties!
Place stemless wine glasses, clear low ball glasses or disposable punch cups alongside the punch for guests to help themselves.
Don't forget to add an ice bucket and garnishes like blackberries and fake spiders!
Adding edible glitter makes this punch magical. Like a witches potion.
The picture does NOT do it justice. It is so beautiful and fun! I recommend getting the purple kind I linked to!
Alcohol: Use a flavored vodka like berry, or a white rum instead.
Bubbly: Swap the club soda for tonic water, sprite or ginger ale!
Juice: Use any DARK berry juice to keep the color spooky.
🍾With or Without Alcohol!
You can serve this for adults or kids!
To offer options to both, leave out the vodka and offer a few liquor options (on the side) to allow guests the option to spike their punch!
A shot glass might come in handy for measuring.
🎃Serve some Halloween treats!
Halloween Party Punch
- 3 cups fresh blackberries (about 20 oz.)
- 1 cup water
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2-3 cups vodka
- 2-3 cups blackberry syrup
- 4 cups club soda
- 2 cups Knudsen black cherry juice
- 2 cups Ocean Spray cranberry/pomegranate juice
- Add blackberry syrup ingredients to a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Turn down heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes. If it starts to bubble over, the heat is too high. Strain and let cool.
- Add all punch ingredients to a large punch bowl with ice and mix.
- Garnish with spooky items like spiders or eyeballs.
- *Serve in clear glasses with punch in background.