This creamsicle cocktail is such a fun drink to serve at your next tailgate! It's only 3 ingredients, boozy, creamy, and sweet! Top it off with a dollop of freshly whipped cream and you have a refreshing drink to sip on while rooting for your hometeam!
I am happy to share that I partnered with Dairy Council of Florida to bring you this creamy dreamy cocktail!
This cocktail is the perfect combination of cream, orange soda and vodka. It's an adult version of a creamsicle that is as nostalgic as ever!
- Orange soda (store-bought or homemade)- Storebought soda is very inexpensive.
- Your choice of alcohol (vodka, rum, tequila, etc.)- I recommend using vanilla vodka.
- Half and half- This makes your cocktail super creamy and creamsicle-tasting.
- Whipping cream- (optional) To make your own whipped cream topping.
- Orange slices or wedges (for garnish, optional)- This is a great pairing.
How To Make A Boozy Creamy Orange Soda:
- Fill a glass with ice cubes. The size of the glass will depend on how strong you want your drink to be.
- Pour your desired amount of alcohol into the glass. A standard serving is usually 1 to 1.5 ounces (30 to 45 ml) of alcohol, but you can adjust this to your preference.
- Fill the glass ¾ of the way with orange soda, leaving enough space for the half and half.
- Top with 1 ounce of half and half. Give the drink a gentle stir to mix everything together.
- Optionally, garnish the drink with an orange slice or wedge and a dollop of whipped cream.
- Enjoy your boozy orange soda responsibly!
Also, if you prefer a less sweet drink, you can use a diet or reduced-sugar orange soda, or even mix in some fresh orange juice to balance the sweetness.
Homemade Whipped Cream
A dollop of fresh whipped cream on top of your cocktail is what makes this cocktail so appealing. You can immediately tell how creamy the drink is. Plus, the whipped cream will slowly mix into the drink as you sip on it.
To make homemade whipped cream, use either whipping cream or heavy cream. Both have a high fat content making it easier to whip.
Add some to a mug or small bowl and using a hand mixer to whip it up on HIGH. Add a tablespoon of powdered sugar and a touch of vanilla extract if you wish.
Whip for 1-3 minutes or until it thickens up nicely.
Other Football Cocktails To Serve
Bucco Bruce Juice (aka Orange Creamsicle Cocktail)
- 2 Highball glasses
- 12 oz. orange soda
- 2 oz. vodka
- 1 oz. half & half
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Fill both highball glasses with crushed ice.
- Fill each glass up ¾ of the way with orange soda.
- Top with ½ ounce of half & half and mix together using a straw or spoon.
- Whip up your heavy cream and powdered sugar in a bowl using a hand mixer for 1-3 minutes or until it thickens nicely.
- Add a dollop of freshly whipped cream to each drink and serve with a straw. Enjoy!