This White Tea Shot is the best out there! It's easy, quick, and made with 3 main ingredients. There's a touch of peach flavor along with some lemon, lime, and of course, vodka!
The Best White Tea Shots
This is the best recipe for white tea shots! It's easy, simple, and full of fruity flavor.
A classic white tea shot is probably one of my favorites to make, thanks to it's peachy, citrusy flavor, and simple, straightforward ingredients. You can even scale this recipe up for a crowd, I mean how fun would that be for a party?!
Grab your cocktail shaker and shot glasses, and let's have some fun!
What Is A White Tea Shot?
It's an alcoholic drink that's common among women because it's sweet, fruity, and lower in calories than a green tea shot.
Made with peach schnapps, vodka, sour mix, and a splash of Sprite, this shot is commonly served at parties and bars.
What Do They Taste Like?
This shot is both sweet and fruity, with very little "burn" from the vodka. It has notes of peach, lemon, and lime, which give the shot a light, fresh taste.
Does This Shot Have Actual Tea In It?
No, there's no actual tea in this white tea shot! This shot is actually a spinoff of the original "Green Tea Shot", and only contains the word "tea" because of its green tea counterpart.
While the classic recipe does not contain any tea whatsoever, there are some varieties that people make that do include tea.
What's The Difference Between A White And A Green Tea Shot?
A white tea shot and a green tea shot have almost an identical ingredients list. The only difference between the two is that a green tea shot is made with Jameson Whiskey instead of vodka.
*find the full ingredients list and measurements in the recipe card below*
- Peach schnapps: The peach schnapps adds a little bit of sweetness and peach flavor to the shot. My favorite brand is Smirnoff.
- Vodka: For vodka, just use your favorite one! Since this drink is a shot, there's no need to purchase overly expensive vodka.
- Sour mix: You can use either homemade sour mix or store bought, they both work well.
- Sprite: This is optional, but I like the extra sweetness is adds as well as the bubbles!
Kitchen Tools Needed
How To Make A White Tea Shot
- To a chilled shot glass, add a splash of Sprite (if using)
- Add the rest of the ingredients to a cocktail shaker with ice and shake well for 10-15 seconds
- Pour into your shot glass, garnish with a peach slice, and enjoy!
- Scale the recipe up if serving to a crowd
- You can also turn this shot into a drink by doubling the ingredients, pouring into a chilled glass with ice, and filling the rest of the glass with soda
- Make the shot with homemade sour mix, instead of store-bought
- Chill your shot glass first, in order to achieve the best flavor
- Sprite is optional, but adds a fun bubbliness to the white tea shot
- Shake well, I highly recommend using a cocktail shaker
- You can scale the recipe up as needed to serve a crowd!
Frequently Asked Questions
Actual white tea is a variety of tea that's made from the young leaves of the Camellia Sinensis plant.
I wouldn't say there's a strong taste of alcohol. Yes, you may feel some of the burn from the vodka, but because of the peach and lemon lime flavor it's pretty masked.
The vodka is 40-50% alcohol and the peach schnapps is 15% alcohol. There may also be a little alcohol in your sour mix, depending on what brand you use.
There is no caffeine in the shot recipe listed in the recipe card below. Some other recipes may call for you to make it with actual tea, and it that's the case, there may be some caffeine in it.
Try These Other Fun Shots!
White Tea Shot
- ½ Ounce Peach Schnapps
- ½ Ounce Vodka
- ¼ Ounce Sour mix
- Splash of Sprite (optional)
- Add a slash of Sprite to a chilled shot glass if using
- Add peach schnapps, vodka, and sour mix to a cocktail shaker with ice and shake for 10-15 seconds
- Strain into your shot glass, garnish with a peach slice, and enjoy!
Tried the recipe? I'd love to hear your thoughts below!