This Gummy Bear Shot will absolutely be the star of your next party. Not only is it adorable to look at, but it's also fun to drink and full of fruity flavor. Skip the boring shots, and make this cute gummy bear shot instead!
Looking for a fun shot to serve your guests? Then you've got to make this gummy bear shot!
It's fun, fruity, and just so adorable. You just need a few simple ingredients that you may already have right in your bar cart, plus it takes less than 5 minutes to make.
You can also try this Starburst shot or Scooby Snack shot for more candy inspired drinks!
Why Is It Called A Gummy Bear Shot?
It's called a Gummy Bear Shot because the flavor is similar to gummy bears: think sweet, fruity, and tropical!
Plus, it's garnished with a gummy bear for decoration and emphasis of flavor 😉
*full ingredients list and measurements can be found in recipe card below*
- Raspberry vodka: Either Absolute raspberry vodka or Smirnoff are my favorites to use in this shot
- Peach Schnapps: I've found that DeKuyper is the best brand to use
- Sour mix: You can either make your own or buy it from the store. Both work well!
- Pineapple juice: The pineapple juice adds a fun tropical flavor that pairs well with the peach and raspberry flavors!
- Gummy bears: It wouldn't be a gummy bear shot without them! Grab a variety pack for a bunch of fun colors or use a color scheme if you're celebrating a holiday or special event!
How To Make Your Gummy Bear Shot
1. Add all of your ingredients to a cocktail shaker with ice and shake for 10 seconds
2. Strain into a chilled shot glass, garnish with gummy bears, and enjoy!
What Kind Of Vodka Should I Use?
This shot is made with a raspberry infused vodka. I like to use either the Absolute brand of raspberry vodka or Smirnoff. They both taste great and are very smooth.
What Does This Shot Taste Like?
This gummy bear shot tastes fun and fruity! It has raspberry vodka, peach schnapps, and a sour mix which has lemon and lime flavorings.
I'd liken it to tasting like you've just chewed on an assortment of different colored gummy bears! (hence the name!)
- Make your own sour mix: Many times the store-bought sour mix is full of preservatives, so you could make your own at home with better ingredients
- Add simple syrup: If the gummy bear shot isn't sweet enough for you, try adding a splash of this strawberry simple syrup
- Sugar the rim: Make your shots fancy by adding a sugared rim to your glasses
- Switch up the alcohol: Have fun trying different combinations of fruit alcohol. Use peach or strawberry vodka or a different fruit flavored schnapps. Just keep the amounts the same!
- Make it fizzy: Substitute the pineapple juice with lemon lime soda for a fizzy twist!
- Make with gummy worms instead (just don't accidently grab the sour ones!)
- Gummy sharks are a fun twist if you live near the beach
- Scale the recipe up to make a big batch for a crowd
Frequently Asked Questions
1 ounce of vodka is 40% alcohol, plus the Peach Schnapps does make this gummy bear shot fairly strong.
This recipe makes 1 shot, but you can easily scale the recipe up if you're serving a crowd.
I highly recommend using a cocktail shaker, but in the event that you don't have one you can mix the shot up in a Mason jar with a lid.
You can set out leftover gummy bears for your guests to snack on, or get creative and turn them into vodka gummy bears!
Other delicious shot recipes
Gummy Bear Shot
- 1 Ounce Raspberry vodka
- ½ Ounce Peach Schnapps
- ¼ Ounce Sour Mix
- ¼ Ounce Pineapple juice
- Gummy bears (for garnish)
- Add all ingredients except gummy bears to a cocktail shaker with ice and shake for 10 seconds
- Strain into a chilled shot glass and garnish with gummy bears
Tried the recipe? I'd love to hear your thoughts below!