This Pink Starburst Shot is a deliciously fun, sweet and tart shooter everyone will love this spring! It would be perfect to serve guests on Easter for Valentines or Galentines Day, a girl baby shower (for the guests) or for any spring gathering!
Serve these shots with this beautiful spring charcuterie board!
Pink starbursts are my weakness. I don't even keep them in the house because it would be dangerous.
However, one time of year (when spring comes around), I hunt a pack of “Reds” down. If you’ve never seen them before, they include JUST the pink/red flavors which in my opinion, are the only ones worth the calories, am I right?
So the pink starburst is my motivation for this shot! It is everything you want, sweet, tart, creamy and addicting!
This shot would be perfect for younger adults at a cocktail party or really any get-together! Like my Scooby Snacks Shot, it's very sweet so if you're NOT into sweet drinks, I am not sure this is right for you.
One warning: It is a bit potent so go slow!
Comment below as to which starburst flavor is YOUR favorite!! I wanna know!!
- Vanilla Vodka: Vanilla adds a delicious flavor to the shot that pairs well with strawberry.
- Pucker Watermelon: If they had pucker strawberry, that would be better but they don't sell that.
- Stawberry Vodka: I find it extremely difficult to find strawberry flavored vodka but if you can find it, grab it! Instead, I found this Svedka strawberry lemonade vodka that I used instead. A better option is to use vodka with this strawberry syrup.
- Cream: The pink starburst has a creamy flavor to it which is why I chose to add a touch of cream to the recipe.
📃 NOTE: You can print the FULL recipe with all ingredients & detailed instructions below!
Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker with ice and shake vigorously for 15-20 seconds. Pour into shot glasses and serve with pink Starburst on the rim.
If lining rim with sugar, you will need to find something THICK and STICKY for the sugar to stick to. Water doesn't work the same.
I suggest dipping the rim into one of the following:
- corn syrup
- pink icing
If you use pink icing, like I did your sugar will look pink as well.
Adding Pink Sugar To The Rim
I love making my shots look fancy whenever possible so adding a bit of sugar to the rim goes a long way when it comes to presentation. Your guests will appreciate it too!
To make the sugar stick without dripping down the shot glass, you need to dip your rim into something thick. Corn syrup, pink icing or even honey will work.
I used PINK icing that I found in the baking aisle. This will give your rim a pink color.
If you can find pink sugar, use that however it is difficult to find!
Add more cream if you want your shot less strong and less sweet!
Other drink recipes you might like:
Pink Starburst Shot
- ¼ teaspoon Vanilla Vodka
- ¼ teaspoon Pucker Watermelon
- ½ teaspoon Strawberry Vodka (if you can find) (*2nd option is strawberry lemonade vodka)
- splash of cream
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker with ice and shake vigorously for 10-15 seconds.
- Optional* Line rim of shot glass with pink icing, corn syrup or honey and dip the rim of each shotglass into sugar. Add a pink starburst to the rim.
- Pour pink starburst mixture into four 1 oz. shot glasses and enjoy!