Bacon is one of the most amazing things in the world. So obviously, bacon wrapped appetizers will immediately be 100x better! Here you will find over 25 easy bacon recipe ideas that are easy to make and delicious to eat! Your guests will love you for making these!
I LOVE appetizers. Hence, why I created a blog dedicated to it. So wrap a few in bacon and there's no stopping me!
I mean, if there's anything that can easily add a flavor bomb, it's BACON.
BACON WRAPPING TIPS
- Par cook your bacon- Partially cooking your bacon on a wire rack or in a skillet BEFORE wrapping food is a quick trick to making sure the end result is perfect. We don't want raw OR burnt bacon. This will also speed up cook time.
- Use toothpick skewers- These serve two purposes. They will help the bacon stay wrapped around the food and also act like mini forks for your guests. If grilling, make sure to soak your skewers beforehand or use metal one so they don't burn.
- Choose a thinner cut bacon- Using thicker cut bacon will take much longer to cook.
- Opt for different smoke flavors- Bacon can some in a few different smoke flavors like hardwood, apple, or hickory smoked.
- Think about adding a sweet element- Bacon goes incredibly well with brown sugar, honey or maple syrup so think about adding or even brushing some onto your bacon wrapped appetizers before or after they come out of the oven.
What’s the best Bacon to use?
Bacon-wrapped appetizers require super thin slices to prevent cracks. Thinner bacon also cooks faster than thick slices, meaning your appetizer will be ready to eat sooner!
Bacon Wrapped Recipe Ideas
These 3 ingredient bacon-wrapped chicken strips are just what you need! You are packing three fantastic flavors into one delicious piece of heaven and you can be chowing down on these in about 30 minutes.
Smoked Jalapeno Poppers are an easy appetizer full of cheese and chorizo wrapped in crispy bacon goodness! A quick side dish that can go on the smoker or the grill and be done in about 45 minutes!
An easy appetizer that is sweet and salty. They are baked until crispy and served warm with mini skewers.
These small-bite appetizers are always a big hit! Sweet dates with smokehouse almonds tucked inside and then wrapped in hickory bacon with a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
Creamy avocado wrapped in bacon creates a flavor explosion when wrapped in bacon and air-fried until crispy.
4 ingredients are all that you need to make these Bacon Wrapped Dates that are stuffed with goat cheese and almonds. These stuffed dates are Spanish tapas that are so easy to make, and they’re filled to the brim with flavor!
If you love Jalapeno Poppers you’ll do cartwheels over this Jalapeno Chicken Popper version. They have the classic spicy jalapeno and smooth cream cheese flavors along with chicken, bbq sauce all wrapped in bacon!
Bacon-Wrapped Tater Tots are the perfect finger food for a party or get-together. They’re sprinkled with a savory seasoning salt, then glazed with a sriracha honey glaze.
Bacon-wrapped chicken legs are a treat to eat, either as lollipops or drumsticks. They’re crunchy outside and juicy inside and they’re easy to eat with your fingers, for a lick-your-fingers satisfying appetizer.
Everything is better with bacon, right?! BBQ Bacon Wrapped Keto Chicken Wings are packed with protein and flavor!
A delicious finger-food twist on a comfort food classic. You’re going to love these Mac and Cheese Bites!
These quick and super easy two-bite Bacon Wrapped Tater Tot Bomb appetizers have a high “wow” factor in no only taste, but presentation as well.
Everyone’s had a meatball, but unless you’ve had smoked bacon-wrapped meatballs, you’re missing out.
Bacon-wrapped pickles are a simple and delicious appetizer, great for any party. The salty bacon and tangy pickle with creamy filling is out of this world.
These bacon-wrapped chicken bites taste amazing. Easy to make and a crowd favorite. Plus, they're perfectly bite-sized!
What a delicious appetizer that is super easy to eat! Pork cubes are wrapped in bacon and served with a honey Dijon sauce. Friends and family will love these.
Chicken bacon ranch poppers are a fun twist on jalapeño poppers. Easy to make and so tasty.
Everyone goes NUTS over this easy appetizer. Whole water chestnuts are wrapped in bacon and marinated in a sweet/savory sauce.
Small potatoes marinated in coconut cream parsley pesto wrapped in bacon and baked to perfection are literal heaven. These bacon-wrapped small potatoes are tasty, flavorful, tender and soft inside, perfectly toasted, and crisp outside.
Bacon-Wrapped Pineapple is basted with a semi-sweet slightly spicy Asian sauce and baked to crispy golden perfection. They are a party favorite so you might want to double the batch.
More skewered appetizers:
Maple Bacon Wrapped Pork Bites with Dipping Sauce
- 7 strips Thinly Sliced Bacon (Maple Flavored)
- ½ lb. Pork Tenderloin
- ¼ teaspoon Onion Powder
- Salt and Pepper
- 3 tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cut your pork into 1¼" x 1¼" cubes. Then season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Cut your bacon strips into thirds and wrap each pork cube with bacon. The bacon should be long enough to wrap fully around each piece of pork. Place bacon wrapped pork cut-side DOWN onto a baking sheet. Repeat with all of the pork.
- Bake pork bites for about 20 minutes or until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 145°F.
- While baking, make your maple sauce by adding your mayo to a small bowl. Then slowly pour in your maple syrup while whisking. (A whisk will make sure your sauce turns out smooth.)
- Serve bacon wrapped pork bites hot with mini skewers/toothpicks alongside of your maple sauce for dipping!
- Make sure you use thinly sliced bacon so the bacon will cook through without drying out your pork!
- (If you don't have thinly sliced bacon, just bake your thicker sliced bacon in the oven for 5-8 minutes prior to wrapping your pork cubes so they can finish cooking in the oven.)
- You can make these bites ahead and keep them warm (200°F) in the oven.
- You can also add these to a slow cooker with the sauce inside. *Double the sauce for this*