These mini cheeseburger skewers are like 'bunless' sliders! I slathered on the most delicious burger sauce that will have your guests licking their fingers clean. Best of all they're baked to make it super easy to prepare and an ideal party appetizer!
Anything served on a stick or skewer is just more appealing. It is easy to grab and so fun to eat! Especially when you have a delicious sauce to dunk them into! If you love finger foods, check out this list!
How To Make Mini Burger Skewers
AGT is all about party foods and how to serve them with minimal effort. For me, using the oven allows me more time to focus on getting other areas of the house ready. Or myself!
If you wanted, you could totally grill these or fry them in a skillet. With that said, these methods would require you to stand and watch them as they cook. Plus, you may not want to smell like fried oil (or a smokey grill) when guests arrive.
So I suggest using the oven to bake them so you can focus on getting other things done while they cook and still keep things smelling great!
Another added benefit to baking them is the fact that you can do so in LARGER batches which is perfect if serving a larger crowd.
Serve these mini burger bites with my homemade seasoned potato wedges.
✔️ Tips For Assembling Your Skewers
Here are some tips for assembling your skewers:
- Color is important and eye catching! The green from the lettuce and red from the tomato make these pop. Plus, they add some freshness. Don't leave them out! If it were just the brown and yellow burger, it would not be as appealing would it?
- The pickle is important!! Place it wherever you wish just don't leave it out. It adds an acidic component everyone loves.
- If you want to serve these standing UP, place the burger on the bottom then skewer everything else on top of it. You will just need a flat plate.
To serve the sauce, you can do it one of three ways:
- Drizzled over top of each skewer.
- In a small bowl on the side for dunking.
- OR smeared on the bottom of the plate so guests can drag the skewers through it.
How can I keep my burgers juicy?
Believe it or not, baking them will keep your burgers nice and juicy as long as you don't OVER bake! Stick to the instructions below and they will turn out great!
The ingredients I added to the burger meat will make sure they maintain their juiciness!
🍹Bloody Mary's are also great brunch cocktail to serve guests!
The Burger Sauce...
I have said it before and I will say it again. I am a HUGE sauce lover. I especially love dipping into sauces. Aioli sauces are my favorite and this is one of them!
I have been using this sauce for years! It reminds me of the sauce McDonald's places on their burgers...but it's better!
I usually slather it onto my burger bun or I will use it in chicken wraps. It is so easy to make and very convenient to whip up since most of the ingredients are pantry staples.
Your classic burger sauce usually consists of a mixture of ketchup, mayonnaise and relish. I have used these ingredients plus a few others that kick it up a notch. Trust me, people will LOVE it!
What To Serve Burger Skewers With:
Other appetizer skewers you might like:
Mini Cheeseburger Skewers (with Burger Sauce)
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 4 tablespoon Ketchup
- 3 tablespoon Mayo
- 1 tablespoon Pickle Juice
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup mayo
- 1 ½ tablespoon pickle juice
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large lettuce leaves
- 15 grape tomatoes
- 30 pickle slices
- 4 large slices of yellow american cheese
30 Wooden Mini Skewers
- Set oven to 350 degrees F. Combine burger ingredients in a large bowl and mix until combined.
- Using a mini ice cream scooper, scoop out about ½ oz of burger meat onto a greased baking dish and flatten each slightly using your hand. (If you use a ½ oz scoop, you should get about 30 mini burgers. If your using a 1 oz. scoop, you will get about 15 burgers.)
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until pink juices are clear. In the meantime, mix up your burger sauce by combining all ingredients in a small bowl.
- When cooked through, remove from oven and add a cheese squares onto each burger. Bake another minute or so until cheese is melted.
- Skewer burgers onto skewer starting with lettuce, then tomato, then burger and finished with a pickle. Lay flat on a plate and drizzle with sauce. Serve immediately.