All you need to do is mix and layer! That's IT! It's creamy, savory, sweet and just a touch spicy from the jalapenos. I like to serve it with some grilled pita bread or freshly baked pizza dough if you have access to some!
This creamy ADDICTING ricotta cheese dip was inspired by a local brick oven pizza restaurant. The beautiful layers caught my eye when a nearby waiter set it on a table next to us.
It was served in a cylindrical glass jar that showed off those beautiful layers of creamy ricotta cheese and sweet honey. They served this delicious dip with wood fired pizza dough for dipping. I'm drooling as I type.
Serve it at your next pizza party for guests to dip their pizza crust in!
- Ricotta cheese - Whole milk full fat ricotta is the only kind I recommend. If you are going to serve cheese, go big or go home. The skim milk ricottas are lacking flavor and since ingredients are at a minimum, we want ALL the flavor we can get. Make the ricotta the STAR of the show.
- Honey - Any kind of honey works!
- Jalapenos - This adds a bit of heat to the dip. Don't worry, it's VERY subtle and won't be over-powering. Instead, it balances out the sweetness and creaminess of the dip.
- Add a layer of honey to your glass.
- Follow by piping a layer of ricotta cheese about ½" thick.
- Sprinkle some minced jalapenos on top.
- Repeat until you reach the top.
- Finish with a drizzle of honey and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Serve with grilled pita bread or freshly baked pizza dough.
- This dip is all about showing off those beautiful layers so using a clear glass that is cylindrical is a must. Here is one from Amazon that would work well.
- Make sure the ratios of ricotta to honey are perfect.
- Using a piping bag to add the ricotta is key to keeping the layers neat and clean.
- Leave out the jalapenos if you don't like heat although it IS very subtle.
- Serve your bread warm for the best results.
🥂Need to sharpen your hostess skills? Check out my BEST tips for entertaining friends!
How To Serve
You can serve this dip in a larger glass bowl if you're expecting 4-8 people. But if you're having a larger get-together or having an outdoor party, I highly recommend serving your dip in SMALLER mason jars like in the image below.
This way, each guest can grab their own jar and dip away as they socialize. You can find mini glass jars at the dollar store or on Amazon! See my top picks below.
🥣Jars To Serve Your Dip In
Glass jars/bowls are ideal for showing off layers in a dip like my 7 layer taco dip. So make sure to find the PERFECT jar. It will make serving your ricotta honey dip that much more appealing to your guests. Trust me.
So here are larger and smaller serving options from Amazon.
Other Dips You Will Love
These dips are some of my all time favorites on the blog. Go check out my other popular party dips! If it's the holiday season, you will love my savory pumpkin dip! Or check out my COLD dips perfect for making in advance!
Ricotta Honey Dip
- 1 16 oz. glass bowl/jar
- 15 oz. Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
- 6-8 oz. Honey
- 1-2 Jalapenos (minced)
- Add a layer of honey into the bottom of the clear bowl.
- Follow with a thick layer of ricotta cheese.
- Sprinkle some minced jalapeno and a spinkle of salt.
- Repeat until you reach the top. Finish with a drizzle of honey and cracked pepper.
- Serve with warm pita bread or pizza dough.