These cream cheese stuffed celery sticks are a great snack to enjoy midday or for brunch! Crisp bright celery filled with a creamy savory filling is a delicious snack that's easy to take on the go or make in advance. I included recipes for vegetarians and meat-eaters so there is an option for everyone.
How To Make Stuffed Celery Sticks
Making stuffed celery is super easy and does not require much prep. Here are the steps for cutting and stuffing your celery sticks:
- Purchase a fresh stalk of celery! If your celery is old or wilted, it will not have a nice crunch to it and you NEED crunchy celery!
- Clean each stick thoroughly. Celery can collect a lot of dirt so be diligent.
- Chop your sticks into the size you want. I like to aim for a length around 3-4 inches long.
- Choose your filling binder. Most often it is cream cheese because it goes well and is versatile.
- Add spices, herbs, veggies or protein. You can add bacon, minced veggies, shredded cheeses, spices or hot sauce.
- Mix and use a spoon to scoop and fill your sticks.
That's all it takes! The most important part is choosing a nice CRISP celery. If its not crispy, it will be terrible.
Stuffed Celery Stick Ideas
These are so flavorful and the easiest three ingredient snack ever! Just purchase a bottle of everything seasoning and you can add as much or as little as you please.
There is a fair amount of salt in most everything bagel seasonings so taste test as you go! Some people prefer more than others.
I LOVE pimento cheese. The sweetness goes so well here. Buy yourself a small can of these and keep them on hand! You can change out the pimentos with roasted red peppers or even hot peppers if you prefer more spice or a smoky flavor. I think adding bacon bits would be a delicious addition but if you have vegetarian guests, keep it simple.
Celery sticks stuffed with cream cheese, bacon, herbs and cheddar cheese are outrageously good! Served as an appetizer or snack, this is a recipe that’s sure to become a favorite at parties, cookouts and family gatherings.
These Creamy Buffalo Blue Cheese Stuffed Celery are a rich and tasty snack or appetizer that will leave you craving more, and your waistline happy. The combination of cream cheese and blue cheese make these little bites irresistible. Sprinkle a dash or two of some zesty buffalo sauce on it and it’s a definite crowd-pleaser.
Italian Cream Cheese Stuffed Celery - outrageously good with only 5 ingredients! A party favorite! Can make in advance and refrigerate until ready to serve. Celery, cream cheese, Italian dressing mix, mayonnaise, and mozzarella cheese. This is always the first thing to go! Great for game day, parties, potlucks, and the holidays!
Do you have wilted celery? Revive old celery by trimming off the ends and sticking them in cold water for 1-3 hours depending how wilted your celery is. Wilted celery is just dehydrated so give it what it wants, WATER! 🙂
How To Keep Celery Fresh
Store your celery in aluminum foil in the fridge with a damp paper towel. They will last much, much longer!
Can I Make These Vegan?
If you know of a quality vegan cream cheese substitute, then yes! It's the base for all of these stuffed celery recipes and would need to be swapped for something to your liking.
Here are some other cold and easy snacks you might like:
Everything Bagel Stuffed Celery Sticks
- 3 Stalks Fresh Celery (Cleaned and Trimmed)
- 4 oz Cream Cheese
- ½ Tbsp. Everything Bagel Seasoning Blend
- In a medium bowl, mix together your cream cheese and everything bagel seasoning.
- Using a spoon or piping bag, fill celery crevices generously with cream cheese filling.
- Sprinkle more seasoning on top. Serve cold.