This sweet boozy bourbon whipped cream is perfect for topping any dessert or coffee when entertaining! It’s silky, creamy, and rich in flavor with delicious hints of vanilla, oak, and caramel. You only need 3 ingredients and less than 10 minutes to make this incredible homemade whipped cream with bourbon.
If you’re looking for an easy way to upgrade your desserts and impress your guests, look no further.
Homemade bourbon whipped cream is 100 times BETTER than any store-bought whipped cream. It is:
- more versatile
...and most importantly, stays stable!
So get ready to whip up a large batch of this whipped cream AND my bourbon butter and get ready to wow your guests!
My bourbon paper airplane cocktail is perfect for those upcoming holiday parties, and be sure to save the recipe to your Pinterest boards or print below so you always have it!
- Heavy whipping cream: For best results you want your whipping cream to be COLD. I like to keep it in the fridge right up until I’m ready to use it.
- Powdered sugar: Powdered sugar dissolves much better than regular, granulated sugar.
- Bourbon: Now we’re getting the party started! The bourbon adds a great kick, as well as delicious hints of vanilla, oak, and caramel.
- Vanilla extract: Optional** Gives more flavor to the cream!
📃 NOTE: You can print the FULL recipe with all ingredients & detailed instructions below!
🧑🍳How To Make Bourbon Whipped Cream
- In a large bowl add your COLD whipping cream, powdered sugar, and bourbon.
- Using a hand whisk, hand mixer, or stand mixer with a whisk attachment and whisk together all ingredients on high until stiff peaks form.
- Once you reach stiff peaks, STOP. You do not want to over whip this boozy whipped cream.
What Type of Bourbon To Use?
These bourbon brands are the best to use in whipped cream and sweet recipes.
Buffalo Trace Bourbon: Known for its balanced flavors, it's versatile for various desserts.
Maker's Mark: With its smooth and sweet profile, it's great for bourbon-infused sauces or glazes.
Woodford Reserve: Offers a rich and nutty flavor that pairs nicely with pecan or chocolate desserts.
Bulleit Bourbon: Its spicy and bold character can complement desserts with a kick, like gingerbread or spicy chocolate.
Knob Creek: A high-proof bourbon with a robust flavor that stands up well to rich, chocolate desserts.
Wild Turkey 101: Offers a bit of heat and spice, making it suitable for desserts with warm spices like cinnamon.
- Keep the heavy whipping cream in the fridge until you’re ready to use it
- You can place the bowl and the beaters you’re using in the fridge or freezer for 10-15 minutes
- Depending on the dessert, you may want softer peaks, so whip for less time
- The longer you whip the stiffer the peaks will be, resulting in a thicker bourbon whipped cream
- It’s important not to over whip or you’ll end up with butter or it will curdle
- You can prepare the whipped cream up to 24 hours ahead of time, and store in the fridge until you’re ready for it.
If you love bourbon, you need to try my Paper Plane Cocktail.
❓Whipping Cream vs. Heavy Cream
Despite the similar name, there is a big difference between whipping cream and heavy cream. Whipping cream only contains a fat content of 30-35%, while heavy cream has a minimum fat content of 36%.
While that might not seem like a big difference to you, when it comes to whipping cream, it can make a difference.
Heavy cream will form stiffer peaks because of the higher fat content, so make sure you’re using HEAVY cream when making this bourbon whipped cream for the best results.
⌚Can I Make Whipped Cream In Advance?
Yes, you can make this up to 24 hours in advance.
Homemade whipped cream will last about 2-3 days in the fridge in an airtight container. You want to keep it towards the back of the fridge instead of near the door because the temperature is cooler.
Can I Freeze Whipped Cream?
Yes! Try adding dollops of whipped cream to a sheet lined with parchment paper then freezing them. Once they freeze, add them to a large freezer bag or container and seal well.
The cream should last up to 2 months. Thaw in the fridge when ready to use.
✔️Swap the bourbon: If you don't want to serve bourbon to the young kids, you can replace it with bourbon extract.
✔️Add more flavor: Add any other extracts like almond, vanilla, or orange for another layer of flavor.
✔️Use another sweetener: Instead of powdered sugar, use maple syrup or honey to sweeten up things.
🥧What To Serve It With:
- Pumpkin pie tartlets
- Pumpkin pie martini
- Brioche French toast bites
- Homemade hot chocolate
- Pecan pie
- Apple Fritters
Bourbon Whipped Cream
- ½ cup heavy cream, COLD
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoon bourbon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract *optional
- In a large bowl, add your ingredients. (The colder the better!)
- Using a hand whisk, hand mixer, or standing mixer, whisk together the ingredients on high until stiff peaks form.
- Do not whip or it can curdle or even turn into butter. Flip your beaters upside down to check that you have stiff peaks. That's how you know it's ready.