Who doesn't get a little giddy when they see a chocolate fountain? I mean, it's like a Willy Wonka wonderland at your party! It doesn't matter if you're throwing a wedding bash, a birthday blowout, or just a casual gathering with friends, a chocolate fountain bar will have EVERYONE talking.
This chocolate fountain bar would be fabulous for a Valentine's Day or Galentine's Day get-together! It would also be awesome at a graduation party or for a birthday dessert table! Adults will love it almost as much as kids will!
So grab your largest marshmallows and let's dive in head first!
Round Up Your Must-Haves
Before we dive into the sweet stuff, make sure you've got everything on your checklist:
Chocolate Fountain: They have so many out there to choose from. I like
Quality Chocolate: Go for fancy chocolate wafers or couverture chocolate in different flavors.
Dippin' Delights: Gather an assortment of dippables like strawberries, marshmallows, pretzels, cookies, and more.
Skewers and Plates: Grab enough skewers and plates for your chocoholic guests.
Decoration Fun: Spruce up your setup with cool tablecloths, twinkly LED lights, and nifty skewer holders.
Melting Your Chocolate
You cannot add hard/cooled chocolate directly to your chocolate fountain. It needs to be fully melted prior to pouring in. There are a couple ways to do that.
1. First, chop up your chocolate into little bits if not already!
2. Melt the chocolate gently using a microwave or a double boiler.
3. Stir it until it's silky smooth. Most chocolate fountains require you to add some veggie or canola oil to the chocolate to help the viscosity.
Setting Up Your Chocolate Fountain
It's time to pour the chocolate in!
1. Find a sturdy spot with an outlet nearby for your fountain. I prefer my fountain to be higher up in the center of the table so it's the focal point. Use boxes or crates to do this.
2. Assemble your chocolate fountain according to instructions and turn it on to warm (if necessary).
3. Carefully pour your pre-melted chocolate into the base without causing a chocolypse. 🙂
Set Up Your Chocolate Dippers
Time to arrange everything so it comes together nicely and is inviting!
1. Add a tablecloth and/or tablerunner to match the theme of your party.
2. Set up your dippables on plates or platters set at different heights. Placing everything on one level makes things a bit boring.
What is good to dip into a chocolate fountain?
- Rice Crispy Treats
- Plain cookies
- Coconut strips
- Graham crackers
Dive into Chocolate Heaven!
Let's have some fub!
1. Have everyone grab a skewer or a fork.
2. Make sure they use a small plate when drizzling because it WILL drip and you don't want a mess to ruin the set up.
3. Get artsy with toppings by setting up nuts, sprinkles, and coconut flakes to sprinkle over top!
Keep an Eye on the Flow
Don't forget to keep an eye on your chocolate fountain. If it gets a bit thick, just add more melted chocolate or a dash of oil to keep the party going. I suggest having a bowl of extra chocolate ready to go so you can melt and pour in as needed.
Cleaning Your Chocolate Fountain
When the chocolatey fun is over, it's time for the not-so-glamorous part. Clean up.
Cleaning a chocolate fountain can be a bit tricky, but here's a helpful tip to make the process smoother:
Tip: Use Hot Water First!
Before you start scrubbing away at the remnants of chocolate, try this trick: Fill the fountain's basin with hot water. Let it circulate for a while to help melt and loosen any hardened chocolate. This will make it much easier to clean off the residual chocolate from the fountain's components.
After running hot water through for a bit, you can then proceed with regular cleaning methods, like disassembling the fountain and washing each part thoroughly with warm, soapy water. Using hot water initially can save you time and effort when dealing with chocolate residue.
Check before throwing in the dishwasher as some fountain parts will melt in the high heat.
A chocolate fountain bar takes any party from "meh" to "OMG!" It's a surefire way to give your guests a sweet memory that'll last. Serve at this year's Galentine's Day party!
With the right setup and a bunch of delicious dippables, you'll create an experience that's a chocolate lover's dream. So go ahead, set up your own chocolate fountain bar, and watch your pals go cocoa crazy! 🍫🎉
Other Party Ideas
Chocoholic's Dream: How to Nail Your Chocolate Fountain Bar
- 24 oz chocolate wafers
- ¼ cup canola, coconut or vegetable oil
- rice crispy treats
- graham crackers
- potato chips
- To a microwave safe bowl, add 24 ounces of chocolate and ¼ cup of oil.
- Microwave chocolate in 30 seconds increments stirring well in between. (The first time will be hard to stir.)
- You shouldn't need to do this more than 3-5 times depending on your microwave.
- Don't overheat the chocolate or it will scortch. You cannot fix this so be patient.
- Once all your chocolate is smooth and silky, pour it into the bottom of your chocoate fountain and turn it on. Serve with dippers and enjoy!