These Easy Chocolate Wafer Dipped Ghost Cookies are so easy and super festive for your next Halloween party! With just 3 ingredients, you really can't go wrong!
To make these ghost cookies, all you need is a package of store-bought wafer cookies and some chocolate!
That's it! NO they aren't technically shaped like a "ghost" but...well maybe they are! I mean..how do you know what a ghost is REALLLLY shaped like? Lol.
Regardless, these cute ghost cookies are FUN and EASY! They're the kind of Halloween cookie kids will have a blast making with you!
Choose Your Cookies
To make your cookies, you first need to choose which cookies you want to use. There are SO many cookie options out there so have fun with it and choose your favorite! You just want to make sure you choose cookies that are longer in shape! No round cookies!
I chose wafer cookies because they are super inexpensive and I love them. Some other great cookie options for making ghosts are:
- Nutter Butter Cookies
- Vanilla, Strawberry OR Chocolate Wafer Cookies
- Biscotti Cookies
- Vienna Fingers
- Milano Cookies
- Stella D'oro Margherite Cookies
- Rectangular Biscuit Cookies
How To Melt Your Chocolate
You have two ways to can melt your chocolate:
- In the microwave. This is easy to do but can go wrong if you overheat your chocolate so using that 'heat chocolate' option (that we never use) is crucial!
- In a double-boiler. This is a great way for melting chocolate but also can go wrong if you get water in your chocolate OR let it get too hot.
But don't worry! Here is a great article that shows you how to best melt chocolate!
Tips For Dipping Your Wafers Into Chocolate
- Add your melted chocolate to a MUG. This makes it easier to dip your wafers into!
- Use EZ Thin! It helps thin out your chocolate making it SO much easier to dip!
- Let excess chocolate dip off before laying down your cookies. You don't want your ghost to have a thick border around the outside.
- Use parchment paper to lay your ghost cookies on so they do not stick!
- If your chocolate is too thick to dip into, use a BRUSH! Just dip your pastry brush into the chocolate and brush the chocolate wafer on both sides until nicely coated.
Don't forget to make these spooky Halloween appetizers!
Other Options For Making Your Ghost Cookies
I know white chocolate is the obvious color choice for ghost cookies but why not make it more fun!? Use orange, purple or dark chocolate instead! They sell melting chocolate in all colors! Plus, kids love colored desserts so they will enjoy different colored ghost cookies!
You can also purchase these eyes from Amazon or from your local craft store. They would be fun to add instead of using mini chocolate chips!
Here are some other Halloween Party recipes!
Easy Chocolate Dipped Ghost Wafer Cookies
- 12 oz. White Chocolate Chips or White Candy Melts
- 5 oz. Chocolate Wafer Cookies ((15 Wafers))
- 15 Chocolate Chips ((Any Kind))
- 30 Miniature Chocolate Chips ((Any Kind))
- Melt your chocolate by adding it to a heat-proof bowl or large mug. Warm chocolate in 30 second intervals stirring WELL in between until chocolate is fully melted. It should take no more than 3 minutes total to fully melt!
- Dip wafers cookies into the chocolate ¾ of the way deep. Allows excess to drip off. Lay wafers onto parchment paper and while still wet, place two mini chocolate chips for the ghost's eyes and one large chocolate chip for the mouth. Repeat for all 15 cookies.
- Wait about 15 minutes (or until the chocolate sets) before serving. Store in a sealed Tupperware container for up to 7 days.