Throwing a masquerade party is a great way to celebrate in style. Whether you're throwing a masquerade ball for your birthday, Mardi Gras, or another special event, there are some things you'll want to consider before the big night.
In this article, we'll give you party theme tips and invitation ideas, decor, favors, and masks. We'll also tell you what you need to know about the theme as well as what recipes for food and drinks to serve. So put on your best mask and get ready to party!
When it comes to invitations, you have a few options. You can either make your own invites or purchase them online or at a local party store.
Another option is to get crafty with construction paper and feathers if you're making your own.
Be sure to include all of the pertinent information, like the date, time, location, and dress code.
Another important thing to note is whether or not your guests need to bring their own masks. If so, be sure to mention that on the invite as well. It's also a good idea to provide them with some ideas of where they can find one if they don't already have one.
As for what kind of mask to wear, it really depends on the theme of your party. If you want something more classic, go for a Venetian-style mask.
But if you're feeling festive, opt for a Mardi Gras mask instead. Just be sure that whatever you choose, it fits the overall tone of your event.
Here is a video on how to make your own beautiful masquerade mask!
If you are hosting a masquerade party, it's nice to have masks ready for your guests to ensure everyone looks similar and fabulous! These masks are great and very inexpensive from Amazon!
When it comes to decorating for a masquerade party, there are a few things you'll want to keep in mind.
- First, consider the COLORS you want to use. Of course, black and gold are always a good choice, but you can also choose a more colorful palette. Just be sure that whatever colors you choose complement each other well.
- Next, think about the type of decorations you want to use. Are we going more classy and upscale or casual? If you're going for a more festive look, consider hanging Mardi Gras beads or streamers.
- But if you want something more elegant, try using feathers or candles.
- Use masks as decor too!! Hang them up around the room or place them on the tables as part of your centerpieces.
A bright, fluorescent lit room doesn't really scream "masquerade party" to me.
Dim some lights to create a better ambiance at the party.
Of course, candles are always a good choice, but you can also string up some fairy lights or use lanterns to create a warm and inviting atmosphere.
Some other ideas for decorations include:
- Balloons- consider making a balloon arch or wall!
- Banners- this party kit hits the theme on the head.
- Centerpieces- Black feather centerpieces.
- Curtains/backdrop- this one is beautful and inexpensive! It's a great photo opt spot! Or this gold and black tinsel curtain!
- Feather boas- these boas are perfect for a mardi gras theme!
- Ostrich Feathers
- Lanterns- use lanterns to set the vibe while adding decor!
- Masks- these masks are fancy yet inexpensive!
- Party hats
- Tablecloths- keep it simple but classy with these black and gold ones.
Your guests will definitely appreciate a little something to take home with them after the party. And there are plenty of masquerade-themed favors to choose from! For example, you could give your guests Mardi Gras beads or candles.
Or, if you want something a little more unique, try giving out mini masks or decorative fans. Just be sure to tie each one with a pretty ribbon or string so that they're ready to go when your guests leave.
Other ideas for favors include:
- Chocolate coins
- Confetti poppers
- Decorative fans
- Feather boas
- Masquerade masks
- Mardi Gras beads
- Party horns
Now let's talk about the food and drinks! For a masquerade party, you'll want to serve finger foods that are easy to eat while wearing a mask.
As for drinks, it depends on the overall tone of your party. If you want something more elegant, consider serving champagne or wine. But if you're going for a more festive vibe, opt for cocktails or punch instead. Just be sure to have plenty of non-alcoholic options available as well.
Masquerade Activities Ideas
Entertainment is always a good idea for a masquerade party! For example, you could hire a band or DJ to play some music throughout the night. Or, if you want something a little more interactive, consider hiring a tarot card reader or palmist.
If you have a smaller, group, consider one of these adult friendly games.
For something truly unique, try having a fortune teller at your party! Just be sure to let your guests know ahead of time so that they can dress accordingly. Other fun activities include photo booths, dance contests, and scavenger hunts.
Some other ideas for entertainment include:
- Costume contests
- Dance performances
- Magic tricks
- Murder mystery games
- Photo booths
- Psychic readings
- Scavenger hunts
- Tarot card readings
- Wheel of fortune
As you can see, there are so many ways to make a masquerade party fun and unique! With proper planning, your party will surely be a hit with all your guests. Just be sure to have plenty of food, drinks, and activities for everyone to enjoy. And don't forget the masks!