This light and refreshing Virgin Mojito Mocktail is sure to be a new favorite summer drink. Made without alcohol, you only need 4 simple ingredients and less than 5 minutes to mix it up. Whether you make a single glass or a whole pitcher, this mocktail is sure to be a winner with both kids and adults!
While I do love a good, classic mojito, sometimes it's just nice to sip on something a little lighter. When I'm feeling like that, I love to whip up this amazing virgin mojito mocktail.
It has all the classic flavors of a mojito without any of the alcohol! It's light, refreshing, and best of all, it's a drink that the whole family will love.
The fresh flavors of the mint and lime are muddled with sugar and topped with sparkling water. It's a super simple mocktail that takes less than 5 minutes to prepare.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- It's light, easy, and refreshing
- You only need 4 ingredients and not even 5 minutes to mix it up
- Relatively low in calories for a mocktail
- You can make a single glass or scale the ingredients up to make a pitcher for a party
- This is a great drink to make for both kids and adults
What Ingredients Are In A Virgin Mojito?
*find the full list of ingredients and measurements in the recipe card below*
- Mint leaves: You absolutely need to use fresh mint here! Just make sure you don't chop it or cut it at all because muddling is really what extracts all that mint flavor.
- Lime juice: This recipe works with both fresh or bottled lime juice! I like to use a high quality bottled lime juice, but if you have limes on hand, feel free to juice them instead.
- Sweetener: For this virgin mojito recipe you can use one of three sweetener options! Agave, simple syrup, or even a couple of sugar cubes will all work well.
- Sparkling water: I usually love to use a plain sparkling water for this recipe, however, if you want more flavor, try using a lime or mint flavored sparkling water!
Technically you don't *need* these tools to make a mojito mocktail, but they sure to make it easier!
- Glassware: Traditionally a mojito is served in a highball or Collins glass. However, if you don't have them, don't even worry about it! This drink is pretty enough to make a statement in any glass you have on hand.
- Muddler: A muddler makers crushing the mint leaves so easy! If you don't have one, or don't want to buy one, the end of a wooden spoon works well too.
- Jigger: For simple and exact measurements, I recommend using a jigger. This is a versatile tool that can be used for all your other cocktails as well!
- Bar spoon: This is a just a long handled spoon that makes mixing all the ingredients together super easy. If you don't have one, any long handled spoon or even a metal straw will work well!
- Pitcher: If you've decided to make this drink for a crowd, the easiest way is to mix it up in a large pitcher.
How To Make A Virgin Mojito
STEP ONE: Muddle the mint leaves, lime juice, and sweetener of choice in your glass
STEP TWO: Add ice and top with sparkling water
STEP THREE: Give your mocktail a stir, garnish with a lime wedge, and enjoy!
Aleka's Pro Drink Tips!
- Don't muddle too hard: Yes, you do want to extract as much of that minty goodness as possible, if you muddle too vigorously it can actually made your drink taste bitter!
- Freeze excess mint: If you have more mint that you need for this mocktail, you can actually freeze is for later use! That way, you can make this "nojito" anytime!
- Make a pitcher: Want to make this mocktail for your next party? I suggest scaling the recipe up and making it directly in a pitcher rather than individual drinks!
- Use lime seltzer: For a boost of flavor, you can substitute the sparkling water with a lime flavored seltzer!
- Sweeten to taste: For me, this drink is plenty sweet. But if you prefer a sweeter cocktail, feel free to increase the amount of sugar until it's what you like!
- Make it an "adult" drink: If you need something a bit stronger than a mocktail, add 1 ½ ounces of white rum when you're pouring in the sparkling water
- Strawberry: Muddle 3 quartered strawberries with the mint and sweeten with strawberry simple syrup
- Blueberry: Muddle ¼ cup of fresh blueberries with the mint
- Raspberry: Muddle ¼ cup of fresh raspberries along with the other ingredients
- Coconut: Pour coconut sparkling water over the muddled ingredients instead of plain or lime flavored
- More citrus flavor: Add some extra lime juice as well as a lime flavored sparkling water. You may need to add more sugar depending on how sour your citrus is!
- Sugar free: For an even lower calorie drink, substitute the sugar with stevia or monk fruit and make this mojito mocktail sugar free
More Mocktails You'll Love!
- 8-10 mint leaves (plus some for garnish)
- 1 ½ ounces freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 ounce agave or simple syrup (*or 2 sugar cubes)
- Sparkling water *see notes below
- Lime wheel (for garnish)
- Muddle mint leaves, lime juice and agave/sugar cubes with a few cubes of crushed ice. You want to release the minty flavor.
- Add more ice and top with sparkling water of choice.
- Give it a stir and garnish with a lime wheel and a few mint sprigs! Serve with a straw.
- lime sparkling water
- mint sparkling water
- other fruit flavored sparkling waters (La Croix has many flavors)
- regular sparkling water
- tonic water