This lavender lemonade is an easy beautiful drink or mocktail, you can serve this spring or summer. Made with fresh lavender syrup and lemons, it's bright, refreshing and gorgeous!
Like my lavender cocktail, it is ideal for baby or bridal showers!
- Dried lavender: Look for culinary lavender flowers. It can purchase dried on Amazon here.
- Sugar: White granulated sugar works best.
- Lemons: Fresh lemons for squeezing!
- Purple Food Coloring: This is optional if you want that beautiful purple hue.
Quick Version: (This is how I make it!)
- Lemonade: Storebought lemonade is a shortcut way to getting the same flavor!
- Lavender Simple Syrup: Make your syrup in advance before the party!
- Food Coloring: You can also use red and blue to make purple!
How To Make Lavender Lemonade
Making lavender lemonade is easy as long as you have the lavender syrup and lemonade premade! I suggest doing that a day ahead of time to save time when guests arrive!
🍋 Making Lemonade
You can make your own homemade lemonade if you have time. It requires just lemons, water and sugar, lots of it. You can make a simple syrup with the sugar and water so the sugar dissolves completely.
If you are limited on time, like I always am, I suggest purchasing your favorite store-bought brand!
💜 Making Lavender Syrup
This is SO much easier than it looks, trust me.
All you do is simmer ¼ cup of lavender flowers in 1 cup of sugar and 2 cups of water for 15 minutes and it's done! See the full recipe here. (I also included it below!)
Once it's done, chill in the fridge.
Serve this cocktail with my Coconut Lemon Cream Cheese Truffles!
🟣 Getting The Purple Color
Surprisingly, lavender flowers do NOT release any purple pigment when you steep them in hot water. The color is a rather unpleasant yellow.
So to make a purple lemonade, you want to add ONE drop of purple food dye to each drink. That's all you need.
If you don't have purple, use a combination of red and blue.
👨🍳 Expert Tips
- Make your lavender syrup the day before to allow it to cool as well as allow the flavors to develop.
- Use store-bought lemonade if you are short on time! No one will care!
- If you don't want your lavender lemonade overly sweet, add less sugar to your lavender syrup.
- Garnish with lemon and freshly fried lavender flowers. They can be purchased at most grocery stores or farmstands in the early spring to summer.
- Serve your lemonade with straws! A small thing that makes a big difference.
Your syrup should last for 7-10 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
Of course! 1 ounce of vodka or gin would made a yummy cocktail.
Yes. Just wait until last minute to add your ice so it does not water the drink down.
No the flavor will be very, very strong.
👋 Let's be friends! Join my mailing list to receive entertaining tips and NEW recipes!
🍹 Other Drinks You Might Like:
📽 If you love entertaining at home, sbscribe to my YouTube channel!!
- 4 cups lemonade, chilled (storebought)
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup dried lavender flowers (look for culinary lavender)
- ¾ cup sugar
- Add your water, sugar and lavender flowers to a saucepan set over high heat. Bring to a boil then turn off and let steep for 15 minutes.
- Strain flowers into a heatproof glass and allow to cool completely. Store in the fridge overnight if needed.
- Add chilled lavender syrup and lemonade to a large pitcher with lots of ice and serve!
- Feel free to play around with the sweetness or tarness. If you want your syrup less sweet, add more water/ice.
- If the lavender flavor is too strong, add more lemon juice and water.
- Culinary lavender is best for cooking as it isn't dried with any artificial ingredients or chemicals.
- Using homemade lemonade is an option if you want to control the sweetness.