My refreshing strawberry basil lemonade stands out from the rest because it's made with my strawberry simple syrup rather than mixing in the sugar directly into the mix. It's also muddled with fresh basil and strawberries to extract the most flavors!
Try my Homemade Lavender Lemonade if you love homemade lemonades!
It's sweet, tart, and vibrant! Serve with my BAKED Strawberry Cake Donuts to celebrate strawberry season!
- Strawberry Syrup: Try my incredibly easy strawberry simple syrup recipe.
- Lemon Juice: Freshly squeezed lemon juice is always best.
- Basil Leaves: Fresh basil leaves are an absolute must for this recipe.
- Strawberries: I recommend using fresh strawberries but frozen will work as well.
- Lemon Wedges: For garnish and muddling.
- Vodka: This is optional as well if you'd like to make this lemonade alcoholic. Just be sure to use any good quality vodka.
📃 NOTE: Recipe card with exact quantities and detailed instructions are below! Print it out for later!
🍓How To Make Strawberry Basil Lemonade
Step 1: In a glass, add ice, strawberry syrup, the muddled mixture, and vodka if desired.
Step 2: Stir to blend. If desired, garnish with lemon wedges, mint, or extra basil leaves.
Step 1: Combine all of the ingredients in a pitcher over ice and stir.
Step 2: Chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Chill your mocktail glasses in the fridge for 10-20 minutes before serving for an extra cold and refreshing drink!
- Muddle the ingredients with a shaker before mixing the rest of the ingredients.
- Make your garnish fancy by making some lemon or orange peel spirals with a vegetable peeler.
- For an extra pretty drink, add some edible flowers to the glass.
- Add some sparkling water or prosecco to make this drink bubbly.
- Swap out the strawberry syrup for blackberry syrup. Or you both!
🍸Looking for another refreshing drink to try? Give this Non-Alcoholic Aperol Spritz a try!
Yes! Feel free to add more or less simple syrup. Know that the ice will water down the lemonade as well.
Yes, it definitely can be! This beverage contains vitamin C, which has antioxidant characteristics that can help prevent numerous infections and other issues like anemia.
The same ingredients as regular lemonade are used to make pink lemonade, but red food coloring, strawberry, cranberry, or another fruit juice is also added to give it its pink hue. It is usually not natural and is instead artificially flavored.
Other summer mocktails you will love!
Strawberry Basil Lemonade
- 1 Muddler
- 1 cup strawberries topped removed, sliced ((about 8-10))
- Peel of one lemon
- 7-9 large basil leaves chopped
- 1 ¼ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ¾ cup strawberry simple syrup* (or 1 ¼ cup granulated sugar (*see note))
- 2-3 cups ice cold water*
- Add the basil, lemon peel, and strawberries to a glass and muddle well. The idea is to smash down all the juice and extract the oils from the basil and lemon peel.
- Strain into a pitcher and add the rest of the ingredients.
- When ready to serve, add ice and pour! Garnish with strawberries, basil and a lemon wheel.