If you're looking for a refreshing and delicious summer drink, this Limoncello Spritz recipe is sure to hit the spot!
This Italian cocktail is made with limoncello liqueur, vodka, lemon juice, simple syrup, and sparkling water, and it's perfect for sipping on a hot day.
I have been to the Amalfi Coast in Italy on my honeymoon (where Limoncello is made) and used the one we bought there to make this!
It's light, bubbly, and refreshing. I love that it can be made in bulk (pitcher) to serve guests.
- Limoncello Liqueur: You'll want to use a high-quality store-bought limoncello for the best flavor. Or make your own limoncello!
- Vodka: Be sure to use any good quality vodka. You could also try some citrus vodka.
- Lemon Juice: Freshly squeezed lemon juice is always best.
- Simple Syrup: You can make your own simple syrup or use a store-bought version.
- Sparkling Water: LaCroix makes a LimonCello flavor that would be perfect for this recipe, but you can use any sparkling water that you like.
- Lemon Slices: For garnish. Completely optional!
🍋How to Make A Limoncello Spritz
Making this citrusy cocktail is easy! Simply combine all of the ingredients in a glass over ice and stir!
Step 1: In a glass, add ice, Limoncello, lemon juice, simple syrup, vodka, and soda water.
Step 2: Stir to blend. If desired, garnish with lemon slices, mint, or basil.
Step 1: Combine all of the ingredients (except for the sparkling water) in a pitcher and stir.
Step 2: Just before serving, add the sparkling water and top with desired garnishes.
Serve this drink along with my easy potato salad!
📝Substitutions and Variations
Lemon juice - fresh is always best, but you could also use bottled lemon juice when in a pinch.
Juice variations - for a fun twist, try making this cocktail with grapefruit juice instead of lemon.
Garnishes - some more ideas for garnishes include maraschino cherries, pineapple rings, kiwi slices, orange slices, or lime wedges.
Prosecco - if you don't have sparkling water, try some dry prosecco!
- This drink is best served cold, so be sure to chill all of the ingredients or pour over ice.
- If you're serving a group, you can make a pitcher of this cocktail in advance. Just add the sparkling water, ice, and garnishes right before serving.
- Try adding a few slices of fresh cucumber to your glass for an extra refreshing twist.
- If you don't have simple syrup on hand, you can substitute it with honey or agave nectar.
🍸Looking for more cocktails? Check out this list of the top 15 most popular cocktails!
Having a light, bubbly texture from the sparkling water, a tart sweetness from the Limoncello, and a crisp lemon flavor, a limoncello spritz is a wonderful and refreshing beverage.
Of course, I am partial to a Limoncello Spritz. However, when serving Limoncello, it's always best to pour it straight from the freezer into cooled shot or cordial glasses before serving it. The flavor of Limoncello improves with cooling. Limoncello is meant to be enjoyed slowly so you can savor the flavor.
It's an Italian lemon liqueur!
Sure! Just mix up the cocktail and keep in the fridge, then right before you're ready to serve add the ice and any garnishes!
What To Serve With Your Spritz:
- 2 ½ cups vodka
- 1 ¾ cups freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 10 lemons)
- ½ cup simple syrup
- ⅔ cup Italian Limoncello liqueur
- 3 cups cold club soda
- Ice cubes
- Sliced lemon for garnish
- Mint for garnish
- Add all ingredients into a clear pitcher, stir and garnish!
- Pour into water goblets or wine glasses and garnish. (Or if you don't have these, use any clear glass other than a low ball (whiskey glass or wine glass without a stem).