It's that time of the year again when the holiday spirit is in full swing, and it's all about getting together with friends and family. If you're thinking of hosting a laid-back yet festive gathering, why not spice things up a bit by setting up a Christmas Mimosa Bar!?
It's a super fun and colorful way to celebrate the season. In this blog post, I nixed the orange juice for some festive Christmas colors! Let me walk you through how to create a Christmas mimosa bar with a refreshing combo of green punch, cranberry juice, and white soda water as mixers.
Whether a holiday themed party or simply Christmas morning, this mimosa bar will make you sing fa-la-la-la-la all day long.
All I want for Christmas, other than my Winter White Cosmopolitan, is a Mimosa Bar!
It's such an easy and festive way to serve guests during this crazy time of year. All you need is red, green and white juices and lots of champagne!!
Watch How I Set Up This Mimosa Bar!
Mimosa Ingredients and Supplies
Before we dive in, let's make sure you've got everything you need to get your Christmas mimosa bar up and running:
For the Mixers:
- Green punch (see photo) or mountain dew will be a great addition.
- Cranberry juice or any cherry/pomegranate blend works too.
- White soda water or any cloudy juice like Gatorade Frost will work (see photo)
For the Garnishes:
- An assortment of fresh fruits (think strawberries, raspberries, pomegranate seeds lime wedges, and orange slices)
- Fresh herbs (mint or rosemary sprigs) (Try adding sugar to your rosemary sprigs for a frosted look!)
- Sparkling sugar or colorful sugar crystals for rimming glasses
- Mini candy canes
For the Alcoholic:
- Champagne, sparkling wine or sparkling water (for the kiddos)
- Vodka or gin (for those who like a little kick)
Setting Up Your Christmas Mimosa Bar
- Pick a Spot: Choose a chill spot at your party venue where everyone can easily access the mimosa bar. A kitchen island or a table works just fine.
- Decorate the Bar: Get into the holiday spirit by adding some festive decorations. Think a cool tablecloth, garlands, fairy lights, and some Christmassy ornaments. Or match your party theme if you have one!
- Glassware Galore: Set out a variety of glasses for your guests to choose from – champagne flutes, wine glasses, and tumblers. Make sure they're clean and good to go.
- Garnish Galore: Arrange all those awesome garnishes in little bowls or platters. Fresh fruits, herbs, and those sparkly sugar crystals will add pizzazz and flavor to your drinks.
- Chill the Mixers: Make sure the mixers are nice and chilled ahead of time to keep those drinks refreshing. You can also have ice buckets handy for those who want their drinks ice-cold.
- Alcoholic Extras (if you're up for it): If you're going the alcoholic route, pop those bottles of champagne or sparkling wine, vodka, and gin in the fridge, and display them alongside your mixers.
- Cheat Sheets: Create little instruction cards with drink ideas or let your guests mix and match their own creations. Include the mixer-to-alcohol ratios if you're offering alcoholic options.
- Add a fun chalkboard sign: I use this sign whenever I can for parties. It's so easy to write something fun on it and encourages guests to help themselves! This one says "Mistletoe Mimosas".
Aleka's Christmas Mimosa Tips
Now that your mimosa bar is good to go, it's time to have some fun and get creative with your Christmas mimosas!
- Start by giving your glass a festive makeover by rimming it with those sparkling or colorful sugar crystals.
- Add ice cubes if that's your jam.
- Pick your mixer – green punch, cranberry juice, or white soda water – and pour it into your glass.
- If you're going for the boozy version, splash in a bit of champagne, vodka, or gin as much or as little as you like.
- Get fancy with your garnishes by adding fresh fruits and herbs for a pop of color and flavor.
- Give it a gentle stir with a swizzle stick, and voilà – you've got yourself a Christmas creation to savor!
A Christmas mimosa bar is a fantastic way to add a dash of fun and flavor to your holiday festivities.
Cheers to a joyful and memorable Christmas season! 🥂🎄
Other Christmas Recipes To Make
Festive Christmas Mimosa Bar
- 2-4 bottles Prosecco or any champagne
- 1 bottle white sparkling water or Gatorade frost or Bai Coconut water (*see note)
- 1 bottle Green berry rush Hawaiian punch
- 1 bottle cranberry/pomegranate/cherry juice (*any red juice works!)
- Add juices to three separate glass carafes.
- Place juices over ice in a beverage container.
- Add champagne to another beverage container over ice.
- Add festive garnishes like candy canes, pomegranate seeds, cherries, cranberries, rosemary, etc.
- Add festive table runner, chalkboard sign, and champagne flutes. Enjoy!