This Hormel Chili Dip is the perfect game day appetizer! You only need 3 ingredients and just 10 minutes to make this super cheesy chili dip. Just layer your cream cheese, chili and cheese! It's simple, easy, and a crowd pleaser at any party!
Hormel Chili Dip is the BEST appetizer you can make with just 3 ingredients! It's easy, affordable, and seriously so, so addictive.
If you think about it, what's not to like about this dip? Layers of cream cheese, flavorful chili, and melted cheddar cheese all scooped up with a salty chip sounds like a winning dish to me!
You only need 10 minutes to prepare this and it's perfect for any kind of party, especially a football party. Serve alongside veggie pinwheels and this cheesy Stromboli and your guests might not ever leave!
👨🍳Why You'll Love This Recipe
- You seriously only need 3 ingredients to make it!
- This cheesy chili dip is ready to go in just 10 minutes.
- It's a great recipe to prepare ahead of time.
- Perfect for any party or a last minute gathering.
- EVERYONE love it- this Hormel chili dip is addicting!
🛒Hormel Chili Dip Ingredients
- Hormel chili: For this recipe I prefer to use the kind with beans but you can use the one without beans if you prefer.
- Cream cheese: You'll want to use full-fat cream cheese for the best flavor.
- Cheddar cheese: It's best if you shred your own cheese, as pre-shredded cheddar cheese won't melt as well because it contains cellulose (a harmless preservative).
How To Make Hormel Chili Dip
- Use a rubber spatula to evenly spread softened cream cheese in the bottom of a shallow 10" bowl.
- Next, add the can of Hormel chili over the cream cheese and spread evenly over top.
- Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese on top of the chili and microwave for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with chopped scallions and serve with Tostitos cups.
Storing and Reheating Instructions
STORING: Store leftover chili cheese dip in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. I don't recommend freezing it because cream cheese gets a strange texture once it's frozen and then thawed.
REHEATING: To reheat, microwave for 30 second intervals until your dip is heated through.
How To Serve Hormel Chili Dip
This cheesy chili dip is SO delicious served with salty Tostitos or even potato chips, but here's a few other options:
- Corn chips
- Sweet potato chips
- Tortilla chips
- Carrot sticks
- Celery sticks
- Bell pepper strips
Frequently Asked Questions
My favorite chili to use is Hormel chili WITH beans. The beans really make add flavor and texture that make this dip even more addictive.
No, this isn't vegetarian because the chili contains beef and pork. However, you can easily make it vegetarian by using a vegetarian chili.
Yes, just use Hormel chili without beans.
Yes, from what I've researched Hormel chili with beans is gluten free which would make this dip gluten free. Just double check your can of chili and serve with corn chips.
More Easy Appetizers You'll Love:
Hormel Chili Dip
- 8 Ounces Softened cream cheese (use full-fat)
- 1 15 Ounce Can Hormel chili with beans
- 1 Cup Shredded cheddar cheese (shred it yourself!)
- 2 Scallions (chopped)
- Tostito Cups for serving
- Use a rubber spatula to spread softened cream cheese evenly in a shallow 10" bowl
- Top the cream cheese with the can of chili and spread it out evenly
- Sprinkle the freshly grated cheddar cheese on top of the chili layer
- Microwave for 3-4 minutes, or until the cheese is melted
- Finish with chopped scallions, then serve and enjoy!
- Use full-fat cream cheese, this isn't the recipe to use low-fat
- Make this chili cheese dip vegetarian by using a vegetarian chili
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days
- Reheat in the microwave until dip is warmed through
Tried the recipe? I'd love to hear your thoughts below!