This Loaded Nacho Bar went viral on Instagram! I shared it right before the Super Bowl because it would make the PERFECT snack bar for both adults and kids to pick on all day long! You can set it out before the game starts and leave it alone. It's nacho heaven!! 😍
Below I share the nacho cheese sauce I use which I divided into THREE sauces to fit my beloved triple crock pot and give my guests the cheesiest options! It's the same cheese sauce I used on my TACHOS!
Nacho Bar Toppings
Any or ALL of these nacho. bar toppings would work but the must haves, in my opinion, are bolded.
- Assorted tortilla chips (regular, multigrain, flavored)
- Ground beef or turkey (seasoned with taco seasoning)
- Shredded chicken
- Canned black beans or refried beans
- Salsas (pico de gallo, salsa verde, etc.)
- Sliced jalapeños
- Diced tomatoes
- Chopped cilantro
- Sliced black olives
- Pickled jalapeños
- Lime wedges
- Avocado slices
- Queso fresco or cotija cheese
- Meat alternatives (tofu, tempeh)
- Sour cream
- Bacon bits
Nacho Cheese Sauces
It's not a nacho bar without a melty, smooth cheese sauce. So I made a VERY simple one that is made without flour.
I took ONE large batch of my cheese sauce and divided it into THREE so I can offer a few different flavor options without much added effort. The flavors are listed in the recipe card below.
Preparing The Nacho Sauce
1. In a saucepan over medium heat add your milk first and let it warm up.
2. Add your shredded cheeses and stir until smooth and melted. Keep warm.
Set Up the Nacho Bar
- Arrange your tortilla chips in large bowls or on serving platters.
- Place your various toppings in separate bowls, making them easily accessible for your guests.
- Don't forget to label everything so guests know what they're adding to their nachos.
A homemade nacho bar with a rich and creamy nacho sauce is the perfect way to bring friends and family together. It's interactive, customizable, and most importantly, incredibly tasty. So, gather your ingredients, set up your nacho bar, and get ready to enjoy a fiesta of flavors right at home!
More Popular Party Bar Ideas
Nacho Bar Ideas
- 2-3 bags tortilla corn chips
Nacho Cheese Sauce
- 6 tablespoon butter
- 6 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 3 cups whole milk
- 24 oz blocked cheddar cheese (freshly grated)
- salt to taste
- 2 lbs sliced chicken
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 16 oz sour cream
- 16 oz guacamole
- 30 oz black beans
- 16 oz pico de gallo
- 16 oz bacon bits
- 2-3 large jalapenos, sliced
- 1 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- half head iceburg lettuce thinly chopped (*optional)
- First we need to make our roux by melting the butter in a saucepan or large pot over medium heat.
- When the butter is fully melted whisk in your flour until it turns into a paste and starts to brown ever so slightly.
- Whisk in your milk until there are no more lumps.
- Bring the mixture to a rough simmer while continuing to whisk every 30 seconds or so. The milk should begin to thicken after just a few minutes.
- Mix in your shredded cheese until nice and smooth and turn off heat.
- At this point you can divide your sauce and "flavorize" it if needed with chipotle peppers, taco seasoning, chilie, jalapenos, etc.
- This sauce is meant to stay warm or it will thicken up. Use the mini crock pots I link to above to keep them warm!
- In one pot, I added the plain cheese sauce.
- In the second pot, I added a can of chipotle peppers in adobo. This gave the sauce a yummy smoky flavor with a bit of a kick.
- In the third pot I added half a packet of taco seasoning and some canned green chilis.