These witches cauldrons are such a fun and delicious Halloween treat that is NO BAKE! They are perfect for kids to make and eat and can be assembled in just under 10 minutes!
The main ingredient you need to make these chocolate cauldrons are chocolate phyllo shells. This is what they look like.
These shells, or cups, are made from chocolate flavored phyllo dough. They are super crunchy and flaky so naturally, they're the perfect vessel to fill with almost anything.
You can find them in your local grocery store in the frozen foods aisle. The best part about phyllo shells is that they come pre-baked so they are ready to eat straight out of the package!
Adults and kids might like this Halloween charcuterie board, spooky cocktails and mocktails or this Halloween Milkshake Bar!
The marshmallow filling
I used marshmallow fluff to fill the chocolate shells. Kids love marshmallows so it was a no brainer!
You can find fluff in every grocery store.
To make my fluff GREEN, I added food coloring. A few drops does the trick. Since the fluff is very sticky, I warmed it up in the microwave for a bit to smooth it out. I then used a plastic bag to "pipe" the filling into the phyllo shells neatly.
To make these cauldrons a bit more festive and fun, I added whatever Halloween sprinkles I had in my pantry. Here are some fun, spooky sprinkles that you can get from Amazon. They are great to have on hand for fun treats like this one!
To make the cauldron look like it is swirling, add 1-2 extra drops into the shells after you fill them up. Then take a toothpick and swirl in the food coloring just a bit to get that neat effect!
Items you will need:
All of these items can be found in your local craft store but if you love Amazon, here are links to each of them.
Other Halloween party treats:
Halloween Brain Dip Appetizer (Using Brain Mold)
Halloween Party Appetizer Ideas For Adults
Spooky Chocolate Pretzel Spiders (No Bake)
Mini Witches Cauldrons
- 1 package chocolate phyllo shells ((15 shells))
- 1 cup marshmallow fluff
- 15-17 drops green food coloring
- 15 pretzel sticks
- 15 spider rings
- Halloween sprinkles
- Defrost your phyllo shells and lay them out on a platter.
- Add your marshmallow fluff to a bowl and microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Remove and add stir in 15-17 drops of food coloring. (Until you achieve the color you like.)
- Add dyed fluff into a plastic bag or piping bag. This is optional but it strongly encouraged since it allows you to neatly squeeze the filling into each shell.
- Add 1-2 more drops of green food coloring into each shell and use a toothpick to make a swirl. (This is purely for aesthetics.)
- Stick in a pretzel stick on an angle into each cauldron. (You may need to trim the pretzel.)
- Finally, "spookify" your cauldrons by adding your spider rings and your Halloween sprinkles!
- Serve within a few hours.
Tried the recipe? I'd love to hear your thoughts below!