It's ideal for serving a boy's baby shower or even a gender reveal baby shower! It's a gorgeous shade of blue and just 4 INGREDIENTS! The tropical flavors make it ideal for spring or summer time showers. Best of all, this punch is made without gingerale or ice cream so it can be made in advance.
I have to admit I am NOT a punch fan. Traditional party punch with sorbet, ice cream and sprite is NOT appealing to me. The cloudy, foamy-ness of it all just turns me off.
I prefer my ice cream, frozen, in a bowl, with jimmies. Not inside my cocktail.
So I think it's safe to say this baby shower punch recipe is nothing like your traditional party punch. It's made with alcohol and is anything but creamy or bubbly.
I used a mixture of cocout rum and pineapple juice with a few other add-ins resulting in a sweet cocktail that reminds me of being on a tropical vacation. All I need is a little umbrella and some warm sun!
If you love colorful drinks, you need to check out my purple lavender lemonade!
🍍Is your party during the summer? I've got just the recipe! My Grilled Pineapple Spears are perfect to serve to a crowd of people!
- Pineapple juice- this will add sweetness to your punch and can be purchased canned.
- Blue Curaçao Liqueur- this adds the beautiful BLUE color to your punch as well as a hint of orange flavor.
- Coconut rum- coconut rum makes this punch tropical and extra tasty. If you do not like coconut, substitite regular white rum.
- Pineapple rum- add more pineapple flavor with this delicious addition!
📃 NOTE: Recipe card with exact quantities and detailed instructions are below! Print it out for later!
Assembling your baby shower punch is VERY easy! All you need to do is add all ingredients to a large punch bowl and mix! Add chunks of pineapple, coconut or fresh flowers to make it beautiful!
If yu have time to chill the punch without ice, that will be best since you don't want to water it down too much too early in the party.
Serving tip! Serve this baby shower punch with clear glasses or cups that are no larger than 8 ounces. Punch is tradionally served in smaller cups.
🍹Bloody Mary's are also great brunch cocktail to serve guests!
📌 Punch Tips
- Wait until the baby shower is about to begin to add your ice. Keep a bunch in a cooler ready to go. This way, your punch will not be too watered down.
- Add fresh flowers to your punch to make it classy and suited for the warmer weather. Make sure to use EDIBLE flowers!!
- Serve your punch with slices of fresh pineapple on the side.
- Pre-skewer pineapple, cherries, coconut, or anything else and set them on the side. This will allow guests to serve themselves.
- You can freeze one large chunk of ice in advance using a small bowl or tupperware container and add this to the punch bowl. Remember, the larger the chunk of ice, the less watered down the drink will be.
🍸Looking for more drinks? Check out this list of the top 15 most popular cocktails!
Can I Make This Punch Ahead Of The Baby Shower?
Yes, you can mix all of the ingredients together except the ice. Store it in the fridge, then pour into a punch bowl, add ice, and serve right before your party!
What to serve with your punch:
Blue Baby Shower Punch
- 2 gallon punch bowl (256 ounces)
- 128 ounces pineapple juice, chilled (16 cups)
- 72 ounces Blue Curaçao (9 cups)
- 48 ounces 6 cups coconut rum (6 cups)
- 8 ounces freshly squeezed lime juice (1 cup)
- lots of ice
- Add all ingredients to a large 2 gallon punch bowl and add ice as desired. Mix well.
- Top punch with slices of fresh pineapple, coconut slivers and fresh flowers.
- Serve chilled with a skewered pineapple slice as a garnish.