This Spicy Pineapple Margarita is full of irresistible flavor. The fresh pineapple flavor is spiked with a homemade jalapeno simple syrup, for the perfect balance of sweet and spicy. It's easy, refreshing, and great to serve at a Fiesta!
🍍 The Best Spicy Pineapple Margarita
Oh, my, I just LOVE this spicy pineapple margarita! There's something about the sweetness of the pineapple mixed with the heat from the jalapeno simple syrup that makes this cocktail out of this world amazing.
Not only is this drink bursting at the seams with flavor, it also couldn't be easier to make. Simply add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker, shake well, then strain and serve.
I've also included instructions on how to make a large batch of these margaritas in case you decide to share. However, if your friends aren't into spice, you can always make a large pitcher of regular margaritas. I'm sure they'll love them just as much!
Why You'll Love This Cocktail
- Perfectly balanced sweet and spicy flavor
- It's extremely easy to make and takes just 5 minutes
- Make it just for yourself, or scale up to serve a crowd
- You only need a few ingredients
- This spicy margarita can even be made ahead of time
*full ingredients list and measurements can be found in recipe card below*
- Tequila: I use Tequila Blanco, but it's also called silver tequila. Basically it's the purest form of tequila
- Pineapple juice: Store-bought pineapple juice works great here! I suggest buying it in a glass bottle because the cans can sometimes taste a bit metallic.
- Jalapeno simple syrup: I use a homemade jalapeno simple syrup. It's extremely easy to make, but you can purchase it pre-made if you prefer.
- Cointreau: This orange flavored liqueur separates my margarita from the rest! It's absolutely a must-have ingredient!
- Lime juice: Fresh squeezed lime juice just brightens up the entire drink. I recommend using fresh lime juice because bottled is much more concentrated.
- Tajin or Salt: These ingredients are optional, but if you're feeling fancy it's fun to add a special rim to your glass!
How To Make A Spicy Pineapple Margarita
- Dip the rim of your glass into honey or agave, then into Tajin or coarse salt
- To a cocktail shaker with ice, add the tequila, pineapple juice, jalapeno simple syrup, Cointreau, and lime juice
- Shake for 10-15 seconds, then strain into your cup and enjoy!
How Spicy Is This Drink?
I personally can't handle a ton of spice, and find this spicy pineapple margarita quite enjoyable! It's not too spicy but definitely has a kick that you get used to the more you drink it.
You can always add less jalapeno simple syrup if you're worried it's too spicy for you!
Optional Margarita Variations
While I'm obsessed with this spicy pineapple margarita as is, here's a few ways you could customize it if you'd like:
- Beachy vibes: Add a splash of coconut milk or coconut water for a full tropical drink.
- Adjust the heat: Add more or less jalapeno simple syrup according to your spice tolerance. You can muddle the jalapenos for more heat!
- Large batch: Scale this recipe up to serve however many people are at your party! Add all of the ingredients to a large pitcher, stir well, then keep in the fridge until your need it. Be sure to serve with ice! (Add ice last to prevent a watery cocktail.)
What To Serve Margs With:
Frequently Asked Questions
Sure! If you make it in advance, just keep it in a covered container in the fridge until you're ready for a drink.
Yes, the recipe is designed for 1, 8 ounce glass, but you could scale up the ingredients to make a large batch and serve multiple people.
Add everything to a pitcher, stir well, then store in the fridge until needed!
Cointreau is an orange flavored Triple Sec liqueur.
What To Serve This With:
Grilled Chicken Taquitos Recipe
Other Margaritas To Try!
- Avocado Margarita w/ Jalapeno & Cilantro5 Minutes
- Large Batch Margarita Pitchers Recipe (For 14 People!)10 Minutes
- Pumpkin Pie Margarita5 Minutes
- Jalapeño Margarita5 Minutes
Spicy Pineapple Margarita
- 1 ½ Ounces Tequila Blanco
- 2 Ounces Pineapple juice
- 1 Ounce Jalapeno simple syrup
- ¾ Ounce Cointreau
- ¾ Ounce Freshly squeezed lime juice
- Kosher or flakey salt for the rim (optional)
- Pineapple wedge, Jalapeno slice, Tajin (as garnish)
- Dip the rim of your glass into honey or agave and then into the Kosher or flakey salt
- Add Tequila, pineapple juice, jalapeno simple syrup, and lime juice to a cocktail shaker with ice and shake for 10-15 seconds
- Strain into your prepared glass, garnish if desired, and enjoy!
Aleka's Margarita Tips
- Use a lowball glass OR a margarita glass to serve your cocktail.
- Freeze your glass first for a frosty presentation.
- Rim the glass with Tajin or coarse salt for an extra fancy cocktail.
- Adjust the amount of jalapeno simple syrup to your taste.
- Use fresh lime juice, bottled is too sour!
- Serve at a fiesta, birthday party, or even unwind on Taco Tuesday 😉
Tried the recipe? I'd love to hear your thoughts below!