Looking for an easy July 4th or Memorial Day appetizer? These Star Spangled Kielbasa Bites are it! They're fun, festive and so delicious! They remind me of eating a saucey pigs in a blanket except the blanket is a "sail" shaped star! 🤩
Summer is right around the corner!
Which means if you're here in the states, we have Memorial Day, Fourth of July AND Labor Day coming!
So if you're in search of a Fourth of July patriotic appetizer, this is definitely a winner! It's fun, easy and can be made in advance! I love that it's ONE BITE so it is an easy finger food that requires no utencils!
- Puff Pastry Dough: Store-bought puff pastry dough is easy to find in the freezer aisle.
- Kielbasa- Any type/flavor works!
- Everything Bagel Seasoning- Check your spice aisle for this! It adds flavor and make our stars pretty.
- Crushed Pineapple- A mini can is all we need.
- BBQ Sauce- I like Baby Ray's sweet version.
*You will also need a STAR COOKIE CUTTERS.
How To Make The Pastry Stars
All you need are 1 or 2 of these star cookie cutters.
- Thaw your pastry dough and brush the dough with your eggwash.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut out as many stars as you want.
- Sprinkle the everything bagel seasoning on top of your stars.
- Transfer stars to a baking sheet and bake until golden brown.
Continue with the star theme and serve them with these Watermelon Feta Stars!
- Swap out the kielbasa for hot dogs or mini cocktail weiners.
- You can use apricot or peach jelly instead of crushed pineapple.
- Use shredded parm cheese or make your own seasoning to spinkle.
Can I Make These Ahead Of Time?
You can prepare the kielbasa ahead of time, the the puff pastry stars are best when served fresh.
Patriotic Desserts To Serve:
Star Spangled Kielbasa Bites
- 14 oz. kielbasa sausage
- ⅔ cup BBQ Sauce
- 1 8 oz. can crushed pineapples
- 1 sheet puff pastry dough (about 8 ounces)
- 1 large egg + 1 tablespoon water
- 1-2 tbsps everything bagel seasoning
- Cut kielbasa into ¾ - 1" slices.
- Add kielbasa, pineapples and bbq sauce to a saucepan over medium heat. Heat until kielbasa is warmed through.
- In the meantime lay out thawed puff pastry dough and brush egg wash over top.
- Cut out stars using a star cookie cutter and sprinkle everything bagel seasoning over top.