If you're looking for some delicious appetizer ideas to serve at your next pizza party, look no further! I've got a great mix of traditional favorites and some creative new ideas that will be sure to please everyone.
So whether you're looking for something simple and classic or something a little more adventurous, you won't be disappointed. Let's fire up the oven and check out our top appetizers ideas to serve at your next pizza party!
Pizza parties are the perfect party theme for any age especially teen parties! If you're son or daughter is turning 13, 16, or 18 years old, and you want to throw them a party, all of these recipes would be a hit!
What are good appetizers to serve with pizza?
Stuffed Mushroom Caps: A slightly more sophisticated option, these stuffed mushroom caps are loaded with flavor. They're easy to make and can be prepped ahead of time, making them perfect for a busy party.
Potato Wedges: Crispy, salty, and delicious, potato wedges are always a crowd favorite.
Sweet Potato Chips: These potato chips are a healthier option being made with sweet potatoes and fried in the air fryer! Serve with sauce for dipping.
Cheesy Sticks: A classic appetizer that everyone loves, cheese sticks are the perfect accompaniment to any pizza.
Fried Mozzarella: Another delicious and cheesy option, fried mozzarella is sure to be a hit with your guests. Who doesn't love fried CHEESE?!
Pizza Dip: This easy and flavorful pizza dip is the perfect way to get your pizza fix. I recommend adding pepperoni or sausage to kick it up a notch!
Zucchini Chips: A healthier option, these zucchini chips are a great way to sneak in some veggies.
Buffalo Chicken Wings: If you're looking for an appetizer with a little heat, buffalo chicken wings will hit the spot!
Onion Rings: Another classic appetizer, onion rings are always a hit. These onions rings however are made with a beer batter so they pair well with both pizza AND beer!
Fry Bar: And for the truly adventurous, why not set up a fry bar with all of your favorite french fry cuts and of course, multiple dipping sauce options!
Philly Cheesesteak Sliders: These mini slider sandwihes go perfectly with pizza and everyone loves the soft Hawaiian buns they're served on!
Potato Salad: Potato salad is always a delicious appetizer or side dish. It especially pairs well with pizza!
Caesar Salad Cups: A fresh light salad is sometimes all you need when eating pizza. Turn a salad into an appetizer with these cheese cups!
Garlic Knots: Garlic knots and pizza? I mean come on! It's a MUST. They are buttery, garlicky and perfectly bite-sized!
Buffalo Chicken Dip: Buffalo sauce and pizza are like besties. But they never fight. That's because of how well their go together! So a dip is the best dip options for a pizza party hands down!
Mini Calzone Bites: Calzones are a common pizzaria food that people love eating with pizza. It's like a pizza wrapped into one cute bite. These are stuffed with ricotta and mozzarella cheese. How can you go wrong?
Stromboli: Pizza and stromboli are like besties! They are a pizza shop favorite and a traditional Italian food everyone loves!
Catering your party? Here is a list of appetizers perfect for catering!
What Desserts Are You Serving?
Check out these deliciously bite-sized dessert options that are perfect for both kids and adult pizza parties!
Read about how many appetizers to serve based on how many guests your expecting.
15+ Delicious Pizza Party Appetizers
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 8-10 oz Romain lettuce, chopped ((1 ½ cups chopped))
- ½ cup Caesar dressing
- Garlic powder (*Optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place 1-1½ tablespoon of grated Parmesan cheese onto a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper. (One of these is essential or your cheese will stick!)Spread the cheese out so each round measures about 4" wide. Leave about 2" gaps between your rounds. You can fit 6-8 rounds onto each baking sheet. If using garlic powder, sprinkle each round with some of the powder to make these "Garlic Parmesan" crisps.
- Bake for 3-5 minutes or until the cheese is just melted. You do not want to brown your cheese!
- Remove from oven and let cool for 40-60 seconds.
- Use a spatula and quickly but carefully place each round over every other slot on your muffin tin tray. Use your fingers or a shot glass to press the cheese down into the cups. You want to do this while the cheese is still slightly hot so they will mold easily. It is okay if your cheese overlaps the tin.
- While waiting for crips to cool, add your salad and dressing to a large bowl and mix until coated. Use as much dressing as you wish but I prefer a generous amount of dressing. You do not need to use the entire ½ cup.
- Once your cups are cooled, fill each cup while still in the muffin tin. Keep them in the tin until your ready to serve. If you only have one muffin tin, fill each cup and place them onto your serving tray. Garnish with more parmesan cheese or croutons if you like!